Should I give my boyfriend space, even though he say's he doesn't want it?

My parent's think my boyfriend and I have been spending too much time together, and my mother told me I should give my boyfriend space before I completely suffocate him. My boyfriend and I have incredible communication skills, so I casually brought that up one day. I asked him if he thinks we spend too much time together, and whether I should give him space, so he can have some guy time with his friends and some alone time. He almost seemed offended that I even asked, and he proceeded to say he'd be really upset if I gave him space because he thinks he hardly get's enough time together. Should I listen to my mom and do you think my boyfriend is being too modest? Or should I ignore my mom and carry on as we were. He seemed completely genuine when he said that stuff, so I'm really torn as to what to do, I don't want him to feel suffocated.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• If he and you do not want space. There is no reason for it.

What Girls Said 2

• If you say that your boyfriend and you have good communication together and you trust what he says, then I say just do what makes the two of you happy and don't listen to your mother. A little space is always good in a relationship, you don't want to be with each other all of the time, but there's no need to give him too much space if you believe him when he says that he doesn't want it.

• I think you should give him a little free time, trust him