He said he was looking for a wife. But was he joking?

I've been talking for this guy for a couple of weeks now online. We met on a dating site. When he first met me, he said he was looking for a serious relationship. He later on said "even a wife if it gets to that point". I responded with bewilderment and was a bit surprised as he's only 21 years at the moment.

Anyway, he then asked me if I got scared by what he had just said and I laughed no to which he replied "good"

Why would he joke about looking for a wife? was he perhaps being serious about it or was he just joking about?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess he is dating but in the end he wants to marry someone, whether that is you or not is yet to be deteremined, or, he could being saying that thinking that is what women want to hear and it gets him easier access to your pants.

What Guys Said 1

• he might want to marry you. if not he is kidding

What Girls Said 1

• I'd think he was being serious. How is looking for a wife at 21 crazy? Sounds respectable to me... I'm 17 and I wouldn't date anyone without the intention of marriage. What is the point of dating someone if you wouldn't want to spend the rest of your life with them?