Why does everyone like drinking and getting drunk?

I never understand why people like drinking so much and getting drunk. I'd rather just go out and hang with friends and not drink than get drunk and feel like crap the next day. If I'm thirsty, I'd rather have a coke or something else. It's not like the alcoholic drinks actually taste better.
What is it about the alcohol that everyone loves?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cause the moment itself, when you're just a complete dumbass, is apparently way more fun than being in a state of mind where you are at a lower risk of killing yourself or somebody else. Honestly, I can't wrap my head around it. I don't even know why people drink beer, it tastes like shit to me.

What Girls Said 5

• everyone? #generalisation135

• I don't even know... I tried beer.. and i tried wine... and they're both disgusting! How in the world do people find this good in taste? it's awful! and what's worse, the next they they're all ill sitting next to a toilet with head ache and throwing up all day... it's baffling to me... what's good about that? I really must be from another planet.

• I personally think alcohol is nasty

• I dont like it either. I guess cause it loosens their self control

• good question, I dont get it either

What Guys Said 6

• I don't see what's wrong with enjoying a drink every once in a while it's one of life's simple pleasures.

• I don't know why people do that and self destruct themselves.

• I have no idea. I have never understood it myself either.

• it lowers your inhibitions and you can relax more. most people in general are uptight

• the feeling of freedom in your mind, kinda
    feeling lighter and saying stuff you wouldn't normally say or think is fun
    you dont have to like it, i have friends who dont like drinking, and its totally alright

• It is their way of easing their frustations/problemd in thieir life. Forgetting about them for a few hours.

I believe if you are happy you will do intentionally get drunk.