Im ashamed for liking an obese girl. how do I get over this?

I think it is because I was obese. I. Also afraid of what my family and friends will think. I like her and think she is attractive how do I get last this. She is really sweet and nice. I've been made to feel like I'm not supposed to like aheavier girl. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should not be. Just because she is not thin, that does not give any right to anyone to judge her.
    They will be shocked maybe at first. But Let them know her. You say she is sweet and nice. So they will like her by time.

What Girls Said 11

• Good grief, forget what people think. People date heavy people all the time. Why is it you see heavy people with partners everywhere? Are you supposed to pass up great girls because of extra weight.. And for what? Weight can be lost you know, and if not, they are still the person you're attracted to regardless of how they look or what people think. I'm in an interracial marriage and knew many people would "think" whatever they wanted, and to me, I don't care because they're not the ones who are in my marriage, only me and my husband are. Besides, people do their joking or commenting at first and then after that they stop when they realize their comments go nowhere and how if you like them, they eventually do too.

• Everyone has different tastes, if the people you care about have a problem with it, then they truly don't care about your happiness. No one should make you feel bad for liking someone whether they're obese or not, course many people are shallow but if you like her, that's all that matters x

• First i want to tell you that you are a good guy and you are not a shallow minded, it's really impressive that you are using your HEART and not your EYES to pick up a girl ,,, you should not be ashamed you must be PROUD of yourself cuz you are mature enough to know what do you want.
    i don't see a problem loving a fat girl she is a woman after all, and why are you afraid from your friends opinion , it's your choice come on ,,, do whatever you want it's not a crime loving a heavy woman

• The only thing I'd ever worry about as far as her weight is her health. If she is healthyaccording to a docter at her weight I'd be fine with staying that way 😊

• Ask her out. Seriously there's nothing wrong with liking big girls. It's only wrong if that's the only thing you like about her.

• I suggest you start not giving a fuck what other people think.

• You shouldn't be forced to like/ not like someone. If you like her, go for it. The last thing she wants is to be turned down because she's obese.

• Screw what everyone else has to say because at the end of the day you like her and if you guys got together you'd be going home with her and not all these people who make you feel bad about who you like.

• Kiss her. Then you won't feel ashamed for hating obese people.

• I'll have to wait a while lol. She moving to m. City in a few months.

• Stop giving a fuck, she seems really nice too so don't hurt her.

• I know I don't want to. I think I'm afraid to like her. I need to stop caring what others think.

• I find her attractive but I can tell that others probably won't. But I do that's what matters 😊

• If you find her attractive I think you should go or it! Just try not to give a fuck.

• Who cares about weight. It doesn't matter, just love her regardless if she's obese or not.

• You like what you like, and that's perfectly fine.

What Guys Said 13

• Media tells us how we should look, what we should buy and what we should like. and the bad art is that many of us do what the media tells us. It is not a good thing. We should do whatever we like. It is not about what our friends and family think what we do. It is about what we do.

So you found someone you find attractive, sweet and nice? She sounds great. Just go for her before someone else does.

• You should realize that "being made to feel like doing anything" honestly doesn't need to apply to you whatsoever. If you find her attractive, then you find her attractive, and there is nothing wrong with that. Simple.

• Nothing wrong with liking any girl - It is up to you not your family and friends who you like

• You like what you like, embrace it young one.

• What do you want to get over? Liking her? Or being ashamed of liking her?

• Being ashamed she seems great.

• Ok, why would you be ashamed? She is human just like anyone else, well actually you should be proud of liking her because this is something rare and that means that you don't care about the looks only, you shouldn't give a crap about what other people are saying because you know what? No matter how good or bad your girl is, you will always find some people who feel the need to say something, so ignoring them is the best thing that you can, there's not really any need to be ashamed, she is obese, so what? Losing weight isn't a miracle, she can lose weight it's not the end of the world.

• Don't care about what everyone thinks; there's nothing wrong with liking an obese person

• Follow your heart.

• gain the confidence not to give a fuck.

• Why do you feel ashamed?

Listen to your instincts. If *you* find her attractive then go for it!

Ignore her detractors.

• You should get a skinnier girlfriend.

• There's nothing wrong with liking an obese girl. Stop letting people have such a hand over you. It's your life.

• Remember the words of Mika.
    Big girl you are beautiful

Walks in to the room
    Feels like a big balloon
    I said, 'Hey girls you are beautiful'
    Diet coke and a pizza please
    Diet coke I'm on my knees
    Screaming 'Big girl you are beautiful'

You take your skinny girls
    Feel like I'm gonna die
    'Cause a real woman
    Needs a real man here's why

You take your girl
    And multiply her by four
    Now a whole lot of woman
    Needs a whole lot more

Get yourself to the Butterfly Lounge
    Find yourself a big lady
    Big boy come on around
    And they'll be calling you baby

No need to fantasize
    Since I was in my braces
    A watering hole
    With the girls around
    And curves in all the right places

Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful

Walks in to the room
    Feels like a big balloon
    I said, 'Hey girls you are beautiful'
    Diet coke and a pizza please
    Diet coke I'm on my knees
    Screaming 'Big girl you are beautiful'

You take your girl
    And multiply her by four
    Now a whole lot of woman
    Needs a whole lot more

Get yourself to the Butterfly Lounge
    Find yourself a big lady
    Big boy come on around
    And they'll be calling you baby

No need to fantasize
    Since I was in my braces
    A watering hole
    With the girls around
    And curves in all the right places

Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful

Get yourself to the Butterfly Lounge
    Find yourself a big lady
    Big boy come on around
    And they'll be calling you baby

No need to fantasize
    Since I was in my braces
    A watering hole
    With the girls around
    And curves in all the right places

Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Oh you are beautiful

Get yourself to the Butterfly Lounge
    Find yourself a big lady
    Big boy come on around
    And they'll be calling you baby

No need to fantasize
    Since I was in my braces
    A watering hole
    With the girls around
    And curves in all the right places

Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Oh you are beautiful

Get yourself to the Butterfly Lounge
    Find yourself a big lady
    Big boy come on around
    And they'll be calling you baby

No need to fantasize
    Since I was in my braces
    A watering hole
    With the girls around
    And curves in all the right places

Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girls you are beautiful
    Big girl you are beautiful

• more cushion, less pushin'