Girls, does height matter to you in dating?

I'm 5'7 and i feel pretty short at times, especially when I go out and girls are wearing heels! I just feel awkward because some girls are like 5'3-5'6 barefoot but in heels they're 5'8-5'11! Do girls also feel awkward if they tower over a guy while wearing heels, or would you still give him a chance?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Extra height is a bonus for me, but there are so many other factors that go into whether or not you like someone. However, I honestly would feel kind of awkward being taller than my date. I'm really sorry but that's the truth for me. As long as he's the same height or taller than me, I'm good. Also, if I was going out with a date who was on the shorter side I either wouldn't wear heels or I would wear small heels so that I wouldn't be taller. What matters more is the height difference when I am barefoot.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes it's quite awkward when a guy is so short that we can tower over them while wearing heels. With that being said, yes height matters to me.

• I'm generally more attracted to guys who are taller than me, but I've still been attracted to guys who are shorter than me. There are many other factors to whether I like you, like personality for instance.

• If this makes you feel better I'm 5'2 :) just get a really short girl and besides most of the girls who wear heels are 99% short. So it shouldn't matter about the heels things.

• Height doesn't matter to me. I prefer taller guys than me but I wouldn't shy away from someone shorter. I'm always careful when going out I'm not taller than the guy (if it's avoidable) just because I know it makes some guys self conscious.

• No as long as the guys not shorter then me, I'm fine.

• I'm a bit taller than an average female in the USA. My previous boyfriend was 5 inches taller than me. Most of the guys I had somewhat of an interest in, especially when I was younger (in high school) were taller than me.

My current boyfriend is about the same height as me, and because of the way he slouches, I look taller than him sometimes even barefoot. I admit, because I was so used to being with someone taller than me, it felt slightly awkward at first. Now though, it doesn't even bother me the slightest bit.

I think it's similar to having preferences in how tall a girl is or how she is shaped. You will probably have a preference, but you probably won't reject someone you really like because they don't have those factors.

• I prefer to date guys taller than myself. If I date someone shorter I feel less feminine.