Guys, If a girl tells you she's bipolar?

• Get the fuck OUT? Fucking kidding me
    17% (7)
  • (Holding her hand between yours) This won't work. Sorry
    12% (5)
  • Silent. (In your head saying "I sure as hell won't be talking to you again"
    17% (7)
  • "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. "
    54% (22)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll
I'm 27 and have had relationships in the past. Just wondering how guys would react out there if a pretty lady tells you this

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships are about taking the good with the bad. If a girl has a bipolar syndrome then these days it isn't the end of the world and to reject her you may be rejecting a very lovely person. There are only certain things that trigger bipolar episodes and these can be avoided. Also it can be controlled with medication. A very good friend of ours wife is bipolar and with her meds it is years since she has had an episode. She is normally a lovely intelligent person and a joy to be around so No I wouldn't reject her...

What Guys Said 19

• Keep in mind most 95%of people don't know shit about mental illness. Tell them to get educated then see if they can handle it

• I have had this experience before , ill pass on a round two thanks

• As have I. During her manic phases (even after the medication) she lied to, cheated on, and used me. Took me years to figure it out. NEVER AGAIN!

• I hate to say it , but that I all honest is a no win senecio and just way to much work for such limited reward. I agree NEVER AGIN

• I've seen the problems a moody, hormonal woman can cause with ease.

A woman who legitimately has a mental disorder that causes problems?

38.media.tumblr.com/...lxx5h2FyVx1rn95k2o1_500.gif

• Been there. Done that. Dealt with it. Relationship ended for unrelated reasons. Not sure I would want to go there again, but it's not a dealbreaker.

• I'm Bipolar so i know how she feels and it wouldn't be a problem
    for me to meet a girl whose Bipolar

• I would want to make sure that you're responsible about it and that you are taking your medication, but sure, I would go out with you. I would probably want to learn everything about the illness so I can monitor you, help you manage it, etc...

• i was raised by a person who has Borderline personality disorder, which in my opinion is a lot worst than Bipolar disorder.

so if my s/o has Bipolar and i love her then i would mind risking being with her

• PEACE! I'm not dealing with an unstable person; My sanity is worth a lot more than your feelings.

You'll find someone who will put up with your shit, but it's not going to be me.

• Hey I'm fine with that, just make sure you have the right meds.

I don't want it to be a Spoonyone situation where you have the wrong stuff and it does nothing for you.

• WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BEwteen a female with bipolar and a female who doesn't have bipolar?

nothing.

• I think it will be hard to get along with each other.
    media.giphy.com/media/FDITAZz7PVh3W/giphy.gif

• I'd lie and say that I am violent schizophrenic with a history of sadism... That should scare her off... nice and proper

• Is that a medical diagnosis or that's just you believing you are?

• Because she is who she is and she accepts you s for you so you should accept her for her.

• no i would skip her. mental illness is not something id be willing to put up with

• If a girl I fancied had bipolar that certainly wouldn't in itself stop me from wanting to pursue her, though perhaps it may reduce the likelihood of things working out, I'm not sure.

Anyway the diagnosis in itself wouldn't stop me dating her, and if I liked her I'd try to do what I could to get things to work.

• I'd tell her to join the club, I suffer from manic depression as well and it can be shitty at times, but over the years I have gotten over it and accepted it as a part of me.

• I think the sex would be great but I need more.

• Mental illness is a deal breaker.