Am I selfish, awkward, or just haven't started looking for a girlfriend?

im 22. I've never really attempted to get a girlfriend. I've had crushes like anyone else. But if shuts shrug it off. I admit I was a bit awkward before I graduated high school but eventually got some people skill from a not giving a f**k attitude. Should I be looking at my age. I mean I just imagine spending money on dates movies and gifts. I kinda have other agenda rather then wasting money on a girl. Maybe it's selfish? I don't know but I certainly want to buy the things I want before I have to support an expensive date I'd imagine. Maybe I just don't have a social circle by the means to meet women. Just contemplating but would like to know what anyone thinks about my situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, if you don't feel ready you shouldn't do something you don't want to do. If you would much rather focus on you, on your career or hobbies, you should do what makes you happy.

If you go into dating and not wanting it, I imagine you might have a bad experience since your mindset already says "expensive date, I don't want to do this". I would just focus on other things for now and enjoy life. :)

Maybe after you've had your time, for however long as that may be, you might be ready to date.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not selfish. I don't think guys should have to pay for everything like dates or gifts. I don't need a guy to pay for me all the time especially if he doesn't want to or doesn't have the money to. At your age you don't need to be looking for "the one" You're at the age where you want to find out what you like and what you don't like. Not be serious or settling down.

• Your 22!!! Your so young. Live your life and love will follow you

• It's ok to ask a girl for help with things, it is not wrong. (=
    Talk to people, get out where you can meet people and then say hello, tell them a little about yourself and give them you're number if they are interested.

What Guys Said 2

• "but eventually got some people skill from a not giving a f**k attitude"
    Reading your bit it sounds like that attitude already went too far. Or maybe you're genuinely disinterested because taking a girl on a date - any date - can be really fun. And it doesn't have to be that expensive at all.

• What I meant by that was more of not filtering my attitude or mouth. I meant I'm not going to be courteous to every person I see. If someone I feel is a douche I'll be a d**k to them. If I see someone working receiving a difficult time from a customer, I'll but in. I didn't mean I give up on women

• My social skills before at least in high school were more of afraid to offend anyone or that I'd make someone hat me so I'd be quiet much of the time

• Yeah, I get it. I used to be really afraid of offending people too. Or maybe more about how people perceived me if I was a little more bold. Would they dislike me? Oh no, someone dislikes me how awful!

Shit like that. Now I care a whole less about that but I never really get rude, still. It's just not my style, I guess.

• I been chasing girls since 1998. lazy is what I describe that 1