Guys, How do I respond to online dating?

So I made a profile on an online dating site and I have received two messages. They just say 'hey'. I want to respond but I have no clue what to say. Other then 'hey'.

I am not good at small talk in person let alone online. I want to met someone but I don't want them to think I am boring.

9

Most Helpful Guy

• Say heh back and see what their next reply is. You will recieve a lot of one liners for guys because they are probably trying to see if you will respond back to that.

What Guys Said 8

• Just talk like you would in any real life conversation. Ask them some simple questions, like what kind of foods they like our what they like to do. Let the conversation go from there.

• People who don't even take the time to write are just pasting "Hey" to every picture, to see who bites. You can answer or wait for someone who really likes you.
    Hey is a fine response back.

• "Hey" really? That's the best they come up with.. smh.
    wait for someone who will send you a real message

• why are you putting the pressure on yourself to "not be boring." every girl I've ever met in my life would assume its my job to the funny , smooth, not boring one in this situation. just say hey back and if these guys have any game they will take care of the coversation. jeez some women are so naive/insecure

• Online dating can be weird and awkward if you ask me. But you can start by asking more details about the guy like where is he from and what does he do.

• You could say that

• just say "hey whats up" lol

• Just say "hey". put it back on them.