Is "lets be friends first" a rejection, or is it just wanting to take things slowly?

When a guy who you don't know too well finds out you have a crush on him, and he says this "I don't want to rush into a relationship with someone I'm not friends with yet, but I wouldn't be opposed to being friends"

is that a rejection or wanting to take things slowly?

do some guys just want to take things slowly?

is this an expected response from a shy guy?

And by we don't know each other well, I mean we really barely know each other. We've had a total of like 4 conversations which were quick and awkward. So that much is true, we really aren't even friends, tbh.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's trying to be nice, and maybe doesn't know how he feels, but in all honesty, it was a rejection. Sadly, in the wake of trying to be "nice" he provided you with mixed signals. If you want friendship with him, yay, go for it. If not, don't waste your energy on someone who does not value you as much as you value them.

And in the future, if the roles are ever reversed with you and another, you know to be clear and to the point :)

• Can you let me follow you so i can message you

• alright! I changed the settings for the time being as well, go ahead

What Guys Said 2

• To me it'd be a rejection

• Thats a rejection

What Girls Said 2

• Rejection.

• Definite reject