Do shy guys like to take things slowly, or is "lets take it slow" just a rejection?

Elaborate

Most Helpful Guy

• If i say that it means i am interested but wanted to take it slow. that is not rejection.

• to be more detailed his exact response was "I don't want to rush into anything without being friends with the person first, but I wouldn't be opposed to being friends."

• And do you consider yourself shy

• yes. I've gotten better at flirting and talking but when it comes to making a move i get extremely shy..

What Guys Said 3

• No, It means that he is nervous.

• nervous about what

• Oh going out with a random woman you see on the street?

• Going out with a random woman on the street is not a thing.

• it all depends he can be shy but like you and want to go fast, or he can be shy and want to take it slow, but Im more familiar with women wanting to take things slow, iv never heard my guy friends say, "id want to take it slow" haha thats weird for a guy to say, he may not like you, or maybe he hasn't seen enough of you, or he just doesn't know how to tell you he doesn't like you.

• i don't think "lets take it slow" is rejection. i think it means that he wants to get to know you better before he starts feeling more comfortable around you. you can also try taking the lead too. just take his hand and run with it

• But almost all the guys on here are saying stuff along the lines of "if he really liked you, he'd get to know you while dating you, etc etc" Is there any truth to that, or do some shy guys really wanna know the girl before doing anything with her?

Like, a lot of the males on GAG are acting like guys would go out with a random girl on the street if she asked him. I'm a 17 year old newbie to dating, so I really am clueless lol?

• no that's not always true. if that were the case they wouldn't be here all day would they

What Girls Said 1

• Not all shy guys are the same.