Is 6 months a long time to date someone you think?

I just relaized with my current girlfriend she is my second longest relationship, jsut wondering if 6 months is really all that long nowadays because it doesn't sound very long at first...

I say this is my second longest relationship, my first being 3 years. I am also 23 if that makes a difference.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nowadays it seems if you've made it to 6 months, you'll make it to a year or two.

• Ya right? I was just a bit surprised as 6 months does not sound that long, but we spend lots of time together so I feel closer to her than most other girls I have dated.

• I guess so, never really thought about it I suppose... bu that makes sense, I wonder why...

• Thanks for the MHO :)

What Girls Said 4

• Not really. I've lived with boyfriends from day one and been together longer than six months and then things still turn out wrong, just because you spend a lot of time together doesn't mean the time is worth more. Six months is still a very small amount of time to know anyone.

• Long enough

• No. 6 months is not even enough to get to know a person on a deeper level, to know their imperfections and how they react to certain events. It can still be at a fairly shallow point.

• Even if we basically live together? she spends 5-6 nights a week at mine. I feel pretty close to her. But I know that time really can make a big difference as well, I just wouldn't say it is very shallow, but that is from someone who usually only makes it 2-3 months dating.

• You only "live" together at night, so you don't see her meltdowns and how she handles things throughout the day. Furthermore, it's easy to be nice and lovey dovey during 6 months. It takes more than a year for someone to become comfortable enough to show their true personality. You could be friends with someone for years and they never show you how tired or depressed they are.

• No , not that long.

What Guys Said 4

• That's not very long in my books, most if not all of my own relationships have lasted about six months. But if your the kind of person who's relationships don't last long, then it would feel like it was, it really just varies person to person.

• I didn't see the need to start dating until I was 18, so I have only been dating for 5 years. Three of those years were with the same ex. I think for me I really do feel closer to her, especially because I would say I fail around the 2-3 month mark usually haha

• No 6 month is not long at all. My last girlfriend I dated for 4 months which I remember didn't feel like a very long time. 6 months I can imagine wouldn't feel much longer lol. :)

• We do kind of live together though. She spends the night like 4-5 times a week and has a key to mine. So I think going by pure time together, it is a bit more than what the typical 6 month relationship would have, no?

• But I understand int he larger picture, 6 months really is not a long time, speaking as someone who dated someone for 3 years...

• @asker no not really.
      Most people spend a lot of time together tbh.
      You are in a relationship.
      And mine had my key after a few weeks because she lived a couple of towns across from me :p

• No 6 months is nothing.

• That's long enough dude