When dating, when would be the right time to tell the other you have a child?

I was talking to a guy for about 2 weeks and when he asked me to tell him about myself I told him a little about myself AND that I had a son and he just stopped talking to me...did I bring up my son too soon?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you need to be upfront about it from the begnning. (If you aren't, he'll feel betrayed.) Besides, don't waste your time on a guy you won't have a futrue with? Weed them out now! The guy you want is going to HAVE to be open to your child (you can't trick him into it later.). Besides, the guy has a right to know before he invests too much also. A lot of guys your age aren't ready for fatherhood (especially someone else's child). That's their right. But you also need to find someone who IS okay with it. If you keep stringing the wrong guy along, you are wasting your time and his.

What Guys Said 2

• Nope. You mentioned it when you should have, right at the beginning. That's just what you're going to be facing as a mother. A lot of men will run from a mother. But lying won't help your cause at all.

• not really...i don't think it wouldve mattered when you told him..he was probably gonna bail regardless when he found out you had a kid

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, I agree that it wasn't about the timing. From your age category it would be a pretty good bet that some guys wouldn't be ready to date a woman with a kid. I don't think it was personal; he probably just didn't know how to say he wasn't comfortable with it.