Why aren't guys interested in me? How can I make myself more attractive and more interesting to talk to?

Well im currently 17 and i have never had a boyfriend , or even a guyfriend for that matter. Most of my friends have at least 2-3 guys interested in them or are in relationships. All of them have truckloads of guyfriends. Personality wise Im not an overly shy person, seeing as i have a lot of girl friends, but i do tend to become a bit awkward around guys, but nothin too serious. Looks wise im a bit chubby but i plan on losing weight. I have braces on but ill take them off in August. Im just sick of being the one who just listens and gives advise when my friends tell me about their oh so interesting lives then has nothing to say when they ask me whats new in my life. I sometimes feel like they look down on me for not being like them. So what can i do to make myself more popular with guys on senior year?

Tnks guys. I would upload a pic but for some reason my phone won't let me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry about it. I avoid dating like the plague, but it doesn't stop me from having female friends. In some ways I think it makes them more comfortable. (That is besides the point though.)

Sure, it's important that you learn to interact with the opposite gender, etc. However, please don't misconstrue that with getting a boyfriend. Learning how to talk to guys that don't have some kind of romantic connection to you is just as important as learning how to interact in a relationship.

On that same note, many guys and gals aren't quite ready for a mature relationship anyway at our age. I see it all the time, destructive on both sides, neither willing to give up a bit for the other. Sometimes its just one giving and the other taking. And it is rare to see a couple that is truly cohesive. -Interestingly enough though, many of those couples take the time to be friends as well as SO's. It isn't all love-talk and flirting. They are as happy to hang out with other friends as privately, etc.

TL;DR Don't worry about it. Just try to be more social and approach guys more for casual conversation.

What Guys Said 4

• Guess by approachin them? Or if u r shy enough give em some signs 2 make em approach u back?

• I don't know what so you look like.

• You're chubby with braces probably

• Work to your strengths, and then get out and meet people, what else can be said.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe the guys don't see you in that way because you don't promote yourself, acting pushy can be annoying but if you push yourself forward into attention and act flirty and talk to guys online or in person you might get more attention and eventually you'll probably find someone.