My partner broke it off with me for four days slept with another girl for fun and left her for me. But should I forgive him? Should I take him back?

me and my boyfriend have a son together. and have been together for two years. and when I found out about all this it was from his girlfriend and not from him. I took him back but I'm confused I don't know if to forgive him and m ok move forward or let him go. I know that he did this to hurt me and his intentions with that girl were only for fun and for one night.

I don't know if I can continue trusting him he's a chronic liar. He lied to me the whole time and I found out through the girl. He always tried getting me back and making me happy for some days but hides stuff behind my back a lot as well.
He did this to get back at me for talking bad about his relatives :/ which wasn't good from my part either.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being you both have history together here, dear, a 'Son together' to boot, it's going to be hard to Ignore him Completely or even To... Move on Completely. If you make a choice to part ways, then Visiting rights would need to be discussed.
    If he pulled this little 'Only for fun and for one night' Once, there is no telling if he may do it again. If he hurt you Once with this No brainer, then what kind of retaliation would he dare to perform for some other reason of the season?
    In my book of blunders, he can never really be trusted again, nor will it be easy as pie to forgive or forget. It's always going to haunt you, you won't get Past it and even if you did... He could end up either spiteful again or even worse... Getting a 7 year inch just to Cheat because this time, he doesn't have a sour ball about anything, just wants to have his cake and Eat it two.
    If you decide to give him another try, don't wear your heart on your sleeve, He has to Prove himself, Not Expect you to just let this slide and your job now Is... To watch him like a little fly.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• You shouldn't have taken him back. What he did was vindictive and you should never tolerate that kind of behavior. Also, don't get stuck on the idea that you should get back together for the sake of your child. A lot of the time the best thing you can do is leave for the sake of your child. Simply because a lot of the time when you stay or keep someone around, it creates a toxic living environment for your child that could have negative long term effects on your child.

• Don't Take him back

• I would say let him go, he will never respect you if you take him back.

What Girls Said 1

• Ew. no! You don't just temporarily break up with someone so you can sleep with someone else! What kind of person *does* that? He hurt you. He didn't think about you. He didn't think about your son. He thought about the other girl and his penis. You deserve a guy who always puts his family first.