I need advice! I keep getting mixed signals?

I have known this guy for about a year and I really like him. Like I dont think I have ever had feelings for anyone like I do for him. We dont talk everyday but we have gone on about 6 dates and at first I thought he liked me because I was the one who asked him if he would like to go get dinner or soemthing and he said he would like that. So I thought that maybe he liked me. I still feel like he may have feeligns for me but I also get the feeling he may just want to be friends. We have a mutual friend and I asked him what I should do and he said to message the guy I like and just straight up tell him that I like him. But I dont want to sound desperate or scare him off. I would rather have him as a friend than nothing at all so I dont want to srew it up. We had a going away party the other night for a friend that is moving and I knew that he was going to be there but when I first got to the party I didn't see him and so I was taking to other people and then I noticed he was sitting in the corner talking to one of his frineds but I was in the middle of a conversation so I didn't want to just get up and leave. The whole night I kept getting interupted and talking with people and long story short I ended up not even saying hi to him. When he was leaving he finally came over to me and said hi and told me that he needed to be somewhere else so he was leaving. I feel SO bad and I feel like I screwed up the night. But to be fair he didn't exactly make an effort to come say hi to me either.. I don't know what to do. Do you think I should flat out tell him that I like him or do you think I should just let him know that im getting mixed signals and ask him what he wants? Like does he want to be in a relationshipo or just be friends? Or do you think I should not say anything at all?

What Guys Said 1

• if he came over u and said hi when he was leavin then i don't see y he shouldn't like u... :|

What Girls Said 1

• I had something a little similar. First I asked him if he liked me and wouldn't date me because of multiple reasons or if he didn't like me at all. First he said I don't know then when I ran into him he said it was mutual. We still aren't steadily dating but he has invited me to be his date to multiple events and been getting a little closer slowly. Ask him how he feels it can't hurt any and if it makes you feel better tell him that you felt like you were being rude at the party and that wasn't your intention. He wouldn't have gone on 6 dates with you if he didn't like you!