How can I stop being so shy around guys I find attractive?

Growing up I hung around a lot of girls and now I literally can't talk to any cute guys. I don't know what to say or talk about. There have been some guys that were interested in me, and I was interested in them, but I was always quiet and shy around them, so it never got me anywhere. Now I'm almost 18 and never had a boyfriend. I know I don't need a boyfriend to be happy and all that stuff, but now I WANT one and don't know what to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Know that many guys are happy just for girls to talk to them. I'm guessing that you are like me and are extremely shy at first encounters but get a bit better as you get to know the person.
    I suggest asking a good friend to go with you to a social event or just some place with a guy. Have your friend be the ice breaker and greet the person, and then when you get to names, she can introduce you. That short little thing will open conversation up. All you have to do is laugh with the jokes, talk to him a little, and then go to the next social event and find the guy and talk to him a little more. If you have trouble talking, simply leave your number with him saying "call me!" If he texts you or whatever, that sure is a lot easier than talking face to face. Let that be an ice breaker. Then just meet him like a normal guy. Don't think of him as boyfriend material yet or that will make you more nervous. If you start blushing or something, that's ok. A lot of guys find shyness to be a turn on. All you have to do is gradually ease yourself in. However, the trick is to not stay still and stop working on the guy. Keep progressing. Luckily the more you talk to him, the more you'll be comfortable talking to him more.

Oh, and if he doesn't set up a date or anything after awhile, hang out with a group of friends with him. If you want to be especially clever, go to the movies or something with him and some other good friend, then have the good friend drop out at the last minute so it is just you two.

TL;DR; Unfortunately, there is no way to pick up a boyfriend without talking, but play your shyness to your advantage and gradually ease in to a relationship with the help of your friends!

If you need additional help, or if I was unclear (I'm socially awkward and shy like you so I'm used to being misunderstood haha), or if you feel like insulting my short novel, etc. feel free to send a message! I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

What Guys Said 2

• We don't mind when girls approach us at all, believe me.

• They say love comes to you when you least expect it

What Girls Said 1

• take deep breaths and find your courage.