Age difference?

what is your opinion on 2 years age difference? for example sophomore (girl) and senior (boy) or 16 and 18 or 17 and 19?

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, that age difference will lead to a dead-end relationship.
    Someone who is approaching adulthood and may go off to college will simply outgrow the set of standards and desires they had as a teenager. Their journeys are literately going to be at two completely different, powerful, impactful times of their lives therefore increasing the likelihood that they will naturally grow apart. Various factors can make a difference, but generally an 18 or 19 year old is focused on building the framework for their life as an ADULT. They're beginning to explore a level of freedom that a 16 or 17 year old does not have/may not be mature enough to handle properly.

• Another thing to think about: A 16 or 17 year old girl is going to feel awfully, painfully self-conscious once her boyfriend/dream boy starts finding his eyes glued to grown women with very grown women goals, aspirations, and habits. :/ Just sayin... a 16 or 17 year old may feel out of her league if she goes to visit her boyfie on a college campus and sees a bunch of adults that she's essentially competing with.

A 2 year age difference between adults is nothing but between two people in high school where the relationship may become long distance depending on what the adult will choose... Disaster.

• I agree completely! that's what we are worried about but we both really like each other so we are really going to try to make it work (15 and 17 right now)

• This exactly. A two year age difference isn't a big deal as an adult, but as a teenager it's always a bad situation.

What Guys Said 9

• I think a person who is 13 is too young to have a bf/gf that is 2 years older. The emotional maturity of a 13 year old may not be developed enough to handle the type of behavior that a 15 year old will want to engage in.
    At 14 though, a lot of people are starting to understand what is going on in relationships of a more mature nature. They are more aware of what the concequences might be if they don't exercise self control in certain situations.
    In some cases 14 is too young also. So a lot of times it just depends on the individual. But 15 year old is definitely ready for a 17 year old. (In fact, that was my situation once upon a time. Lol!)

• Ha. Im 27 and I have dated several 16 and 17 year olds this year already. So you know my opinion on age differences

• That's should be okay.

• No opinion here. If you think you may even get sexual, it's called statutory rape if he's 19 and you're 16. I think most law would forgive 18 and 16, ***maybe*** but that's still a risk.

• That's cool

• None are a big difference as long as it's legal.

• its doesn't matter as long as you like him

• Age is just a number.

• Neither would work as both are illegal. At least wait until everyone is 18

What Girls Said 8

• There's nothing wrong with 16 and 18 but depending on what your law is, it can get complicated when sex gets involved.

• Not bad, but technically illegal

• Don't do anything illegal and things should be fine, it's only 2 years.

• Two years is fine. Ten years and over weirds me out.

• i don't think age matters if you two are happy. I'm 17 and dated a 21 year old guy and we were happy. don't let people talk bad about it because they will. just focus on being happy with your person

• Nothing wrong with it. 2 years is nothing

• That's nothing. I like my men way older than that!

• I am about to be 21 with a 19 year old.