Why does my boyfriend say he wants to protect me?

I was just texting him that I was scared of paranormal activities and my boyfriend said he will protect me. Does he feel the need to protect me?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's just male instinct to want to protect people (and women) we care about. So in a way, he's expressing his care.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, I think because he cares about you, he thinks you are tender and wants you to know that he will be there for you when you need him.

• I think it is just a possible response to something like this, considering the scenario is completely hypothetical.

• Tell him "ooh my super hero" lol. As a male I believe the instict protecting of people whom we love.

• yes it seems that way

What Girls Said 4

• he just said something sweet :) Who wouldn't want their boyrfiend to protect them?

• Guys feel manly when they protect a girl - awesome, just let him step up and be your man :-)

• He's just flirting with you.

• oh ok. I wrote back he is my hero haha.

• Hahah, there you go : )

• That is what he said right?

• Yeah. It is irrational of me to be afraid of ghosts but he feels the need to protect me.