Is it possible to be 100% over someone you were once in love with?

Do you ever really get over someone? Like to the point where seeing them in public, finding out they've met someone else, and stuff like that doesn't bother you?
Is it even possible if you imagined yourself being together forever, even if you know that they're not good for your future anyway?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not 100%

• Am more than sure when the right girl comes along and fills your life with pure happiness, those memories will completely fade away.. Or at least I sincerely hope they do for you @I_am_repulsive

• @SolitaireBond I'm in a committed relationship with my SO for a year a half now, but my first true love from high school still hasn't completely fade away

• @I_am_repulsive.. I do remember you telling me about this the other evening.. But please do continue to give it time, and then let's see who's maybe right.

What Guys Said 4

• Absolutely possible, but it takes time. You just can't rush that sort of thing. Took me years to recover from a relationship, but I know I'd be ok now seeing her.

• Yes its possible. I have gotten over many people

• Yes, it's completely possible. I know because I've been through it.

• I am. It is possible, though it takes time.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, i'm living proof it's possible!! 😊 you know when you are completely over someone when you see them with someone else and you feel indifferent about it. As well as being able to smile instead of crying when you think back to the happy times you once shared 😊 The hurt gradually fades away.

• I certainly hope so. It might take a while, but I don't think you'll be a bleeding, sniveling mess forever either.

• I think you can. I wouldn't say it will mean you are friends though. I've been with a guy before for years and we broke up but 5 years later i can say that i'm happy for all that he has done and i think i would say hi if i saw him out. I don't think either of us regret our relationship and we are both glad it happened but over it now.

• No. you'll always have those memories and what if's

• It's possible to 100% not have positive feelings for that person anymore. I don't know if it's possible to 100% not have negative feelings though. He can never be a complete stranger due to sharing a past.