Could I get away with saying I'm 6 foot?

Alright, technically I'm not 6 ft, but I'm like 5' 11.75", couldn't I just say I'm 6ft on a dating profile? It's stupid, but unfortunately women have these dumb fucking standards where a lot of them say they wouldn't date anyone shorter than 6 ft so I just have to play ball.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• People know.

• You don't know... you never do. That's why you're not helping.

• and then one woman will take a photo with her phone and send it to all the other women in town. Then they'll all be like "faggottttttt" and then I'll never get laid again.

• Wow, I actually would have never written that ending to your tale.

What Girls Said 4

• And guys have standards in regard to weight, breast size, the size of their rears, coloring, how attractive they are, how much makeup they wear, how open to sex they are... If height's the only thing, that's not a big deal. Everyone has unfair standards placed upon them that society wants them to measure up to.

You can lie if you want, but that won't get you anywhere. Look for women who do not care about height, or that you're 5'11.75", those are the ones to look for.

• And yet, those are all things one can change. Height however, you're stuck with forever...

• I think most guys are far more flexible about their 'minimum physical standards' than most girls. I've known several girls dump guys because they really like them, "but he's just too short, I feel like a giant because im almost as tall as him when I wear my fave heels" etc etc.
      Guys generally are more vocal about what they liek physically but it's rarely as important to guys as the media suggests. Most guys dont really care as long as a girl's personality and lifestyle are a good match.

... though obviously there are shallow asses in every group.

• Well the "most" comment is debatable without factual evidence, but I appreciate that you prefaced your statement with "I think."

I could go into psychological/societal pressures for both genders, but again, the main point I'm trying to get at, and that you touched on, is that no one has a perfect or easy time about the matter. Everyone has insecurities in regards to appearance and what they fear the sex they are trying to appeal to desires. Trying to compete with who has it worse, especially without factual evidence or an open mind, gets people no where.

• Yes sure lol I even lied about my height in my ID lol I'm 174/175 but I've made them put in 177 (just because I like the number idk) and nobody ever noticed it so far

• Yes, no big deal. You are closer to 6ft than 5'11" anyways :)

• stop trying to be something you're not, a girl who is worth it, isn't going to care if you are under 6ft

• But it's literally.25" away from being 6 ft...

• There's been a few times were I've seen a girl write "I only date 6ft and up, if you're 5'11" or below don't even bother". Now you might say, well she's just being shallow... but what I think is she's just being honest and upfront and a lot of other women don't want to admit, they just keep it to themselves but still judge you on that.

• well if a girl is going to judge on your height then she's not that great of a person

What Guys Said 7

• I say lie and round down. Tell them you are 5'11 that way they get suprised with an extra.75 inches.

• Doesn't matter dude

• yeah you could very easily and you ARE 6 foot in shoes

• lol if you get found out just say you were wearing heels when you measured :D

• Yeah, it's not like they will know.

• I know 5'9 guys that claim 6ft, it's pretty funny. At 5'11 you could pull it off pretty easily, at 5'11.75 you pretty much are 6ft with some rounding.

I'm like 6'2.5 and I always just say 6'3, literally no one has noticed, people are really bad at judging height in person.

• Just say 6ft. Nobody will know any different.