Would you look down on an 18 year old girl that was dating a 27 year old guy? If so, why?

So I'm 18 and I really like this guy.. He's 27 and I kind of like that because he's really mature for his age. We haven't put a label on anything but we both like each other.. Some people really judge that big of an age difference. And I really just don't want to disappoint people, especially my parents.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't look down on the girl, but I would have some serious concerns about the guy. The girl is just starting her life and trying to get going and find herself. The guy is so far past that point.

I'm 26 and I would never even think of looking at an 18 year old. They're so different. I have a brother close to that age. I can't imagine him being with a woman older than me.

It's hard not to see manipulation in this situation. I don't think It can be positive for you in the long run.

What Guys Said 13

• He is mature because he is 9 years older than you
    He might be considered immature by his peers, especially going after an 18 year old girl

I wouldn't look down on it, but it might upset your parents
    Any 27 year old guy who dates a girl your age probably understands that younger girls are easily manipulated

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bingo, listen to this guy

• With a mindset like that you are the easiest target
      you wouldn't see it coming no one sees when they are being manipulated unless they are adept at mind control themselves or the manipulator makes big mistakes; usually when the manipulator is unconsciously manipulating you

• I think I'll be okay. Lol thank you though , appreciate it!! :)

• I'd be suspicious of him. Like how did you even meet? If a guy at 27 is purposefully hanging around teenagers I'm going to assume he's a major creep.

• We met at a party. There was a lot of older and younger people there. We just hit it off really quick.

• If you are 18 I don't see a problem with it. Yea its a gap but I don't think its to big of a gap. Especially if you are liking each other. Also, you can't worry about other people because no matter what you do or who you are with people will have something to say about it.

• Age is nothing but a number. You like who you like. I'd support you 100%. Good luck!

• I wouldn't look down on it, I would just think it's a bit creepy and weird. However, it's none of my business.

• Honestly i wouldn't care, who you date is your choice and none of my business. But see, you can't live your life by other peoples terms. If you like him, then date him lol. If anyone doesn't like it then that is there problem.

• because girls look for "older" men to validate their own adulthood, whereas older guys pick young girls, because being unexperienced and young looking is attractive to old men. i don´t think it will work out since you´re in totally different stages of your life.

• I'd be a hypocrite if I did. My lady and I have a larger gap than that.

• No it's common enough

• age is just a number... if you find the person you like and can connect then age doesn't matter much. I would never look down on a girl if she makes that choice, would be proud of her infact for taking a strong decision. Leave about people who are hypocrites. Only your happiness maters and nothing else.

• "he's really mature for his age"

He's almost ten years older than you for chr! st's sake! How much more mature does he have to be?

• 20 years from now the gap won't be looked down upon. It is due to you just legally becoming an adult, however this is your life, and you need to do what makes YOU happy.

• Has he got money?

• Nope. I'm past that stage in life.

• So you wouldn't be with him if he was completely broke? you gold digging prostitute/whore! you are a product he pays for, i feel sorry for him and knowing that, most would look down at you with disdain.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think anyone would look down on you, if anything they would look down on him. I have always liked older guys and some people judge my boyfriend and most people think I'm some innocent little girl who he is corrupting, which annoys me a lot. I mean I'm the one corrupting him haha. My parents have grown to be okay with it, they were weird at first but after a year they have realized he's a good guy

• I wouldn't look down on/care about because it's her life. Tbh, I like older guys as well, but I tend to only have 5 years of age gap, but that's just me. Everyone is different and everyone has the choice to live their life the way they want it. It's you that's in a relationship with the guy, not your parents or whosoever. If your parents disagree or is disappointed, maybe try talking to them, or with time, they'll know that he's a good guy.

• I wouldn't think anything of it. :T

• That's rather a large age gap. I would be concerned by the probable maturity difference between the two. I'd also be concerned the 27 year old would take advantage of the 18 year old's relative naïveté.

• I wouldn't look down on you but from a parents point of view I'd be pretty worried.

• Nope.. i dont see whats wrong. In love, age difference doesn't matter. If you really love him, go for it. Best of luck. :)