A guy Im dating is terrified of heights but used to be in the military airforce. Can someone explain why this might be?

I will eventually ask him but in the right moment.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what he did in the air force. Not everyone flies - there's tons of support personnel, computer people, controllers, mechanics, and so on. It'd be like being in the navy and not knowing how to swim. But yes, you should ask him when he (and you) are ready.

• ... but to join the navy you must pass a swimming test (and they time it)... I know this because my brother just joined 2 years ago.

• Really? I didn't know that. Interesting. But I know someone in Air Force IT, and he's afraid of heights and flying. Don't ask me why he picked the air force. :p

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe he had a near death experience in the Air Force !

• Maybe he had a bad experience in the armed forces... maybe if he did a jump that didn't go well if they do parachuting excercising... just ask him it's nothing he'd be embarrassed about

What Girls Said 2

• Perhaps he saw something horrible or someone fall from a height.

• Something may have happened to him while he was a child.

• Or he probably had a negative experience while he was doing his job.
      But these guesses are not certain because the cause of the fear can be something we cannot exactly determine.