What should I do with my online dating profile to make it more appealing to guys?

I'm on a dating site and it seems that I'm attracting guys that I'm not attracted to. I'm not into random hookups and that's all I seem to get.

does my career field scare guys away? I'm a auto body technician.

Most Helpful Guy

• that´s the problem with dating site guys... 90% if them abuse the site as hookup service.
    your profile isn´t the problem, the guys are the problem.

• Thanks, that makes me feel a little better about it.

• all girls i ever texted said that every other girl they texted, was trying to sext or hook up... i really don´t know how i can convince a girl that i´m not this way...

i guess if you want more attention:
      don´t have pics with a child on it
      don´t have pics with other girls/guys on it
      don´t only have close up face pics (that´s what all the fat chicks do)
      don´t have a pic where you look angry/sad only.
      just have multiple pics. maybe let a male friend choose the best one to set as profile pic.

• *every other guy.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not a fan of online dating. Maybe you should look for guys in real life who want to start a relationship instead of getting laid.

• I'm doing that too. But I'm still adjusting to the city I live in. I'm on my own here so I haven't made friends yet to show me places to go and hangout.

• My advice is to be good at taking photos... the career stuff doesn't matter...

• what kind of guys your attracted to?

• Online dating is for creeps

What Girls Said 2

• I'd never join a dating site. It's a creepers "playground". Most Sociopaths are attracted to dating sites. . It is possible to meet Mr. Right on them, but rare.

I'd rather be alone all my life than to be so desperate

• Can you do a screen shot of your dating profile? Also what type of profile picture did you use?