Do skinny guys have a chance with women?

I mean lets be real looks matter and confidence is attractive = bullshit. Most girls dream of a good looking guys with a hot bod and would take that over anything in a second. (I know a lot of females will argue this but this is the 100% truth that everyone knows)

so as a skinny man do I have a chance with girls? or will they just dump me for the hot guy or sleep with him on my back?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmmm
    I've almost always been with either a skinny dude or a huskier dude (more mass than chiseled muscle). I like the latter one better, won't lie about that.

25.media.tumblr.com/...m2q7gonJmh1rq0x0jo1_500.jpg

You see... I just don't find bones attractive. But, on the other hand, I also don't find huge muscles attractive.
    I'd take a skinny guy over an overly muscly guy any day.

• I should add, though - nothing can replace a pretty face - on a dude too. So... if you don't have that odds are I'm not going to be attracted to you. Just keeping it real.

• Haha
      Okay... That's your opinion. =)

• and sadly I agree nothing can replace a good face which I dont have :(

What Girls Said 26

• Reading ur responses to people u seem to think that girls are hollow and only like what they can see, think about this can a blind person find love? Have you ever thought that out there somewhere there is a girl that is wondering the same thing as you? Looks are uncontrollable but who you are is what it comes down to, do me a favor answer this, you are now the hottest guy around, there is this rumor going on that girl really likes you, what do you automatically hope for in her? Now you find out she is overweight and not so pretty what goes through your mind and what do you do?

• not go out with her of course

• fine I have nice eyes IU had to have something but that alone doesn't attract people o. o

• Yay one step closer! U relize that was the first thing u said that was almost possitive about yourself! And it could I had the hugest crush on this guy for his eyes (and to prove that it was the eyes he is really tall skinny, whinny, pretty ugly, annoying but guess what? He gay! And he acts it and I only liked him for his eyes!)

• Confidence IS attractive and looks DO matter. Nobody said they didn't.

And, obviously. Plenty of decent looking skinny guys out there. But if you have low self esteem, then it doesn't matter what you look like. Ain't nobody got time to babysit a sad, bitter crybaby.

• actually I know plenty of hot guys who are depressed and negative and have no issue getting a girl, explain that

• its not whining its all true hah sorry that your so ignorant you can admit to the fact that women are bitches :)

• Tl;dr waaaah waaaaah

• Actually, I'd take a confident and intelligent guy over an attractive one any day. The way you ask the question makes answering it pointless. Either we agree with you and you accept our answer, or we disagree and you think we're lying (because apparently you know the 100% truth).

I've spent my life being overweight and with visible imperfections that make it hard for me to be in relationships, sexual or otherwise. It's given me a different view of people in general, and led me away from physical attraction. Don't get me wrong, I love to look at hot guys. But that doesn't mean I want them in a relationship.

In other terms, it's great to visit Thailand (or select your country of choice), but I wouldn't want to live there.

I don't care if you're skinny, fat, short, tall, black, or pink with purple polka dots. If I like you, I like you. You being physically "imperfect" doesn't change it.

• I dream of a good looking guy with a hot bod. However to me a hot bod is a skinny guy.
    Also look around I want you to sit on a busy street and look at every couple. Are 100% of those guys perfect 10's with amazing bodies? No. Just like guys probably dream of waking up with some model, girls do too. But we know that's never going to happen so and we like real guys too.
    And don't get on that "she's settling" stuff because everyone settles

• I look around me and I see a bunch of single skinny guys maybe its a cultural thing Here only tanned guys with buff bods even get a chance with girls to be honest

• exactly my point if you're not good looking you have no chance be you female or male

• Yeah you do you have a chance with about 99% of the rest of the population

• Wow, you really need to work on your self esteem. Relationships are about more than just looks. You really need to have a connection for it to be truly amazing. Interests and common goals in common.

• yeah you have a point they are more than just looks but you still gotta lookg good, its not everything but any girls will drop a good guy for a hot guy thats a good person any day. I wish people wpould stop spewing this online and saying "confidence is blah blah" no looks matter and they matter THE MOST

• OMG what kind of girls have you been dating? Intelligence would be my most important attribute in a guy. I hate dumb people, particularly those who think it is ok to be dumb because they are look looking. Unfortunately, you are right, today's culture does foster an environment where a high level of importance is placed on beauty. ( both male and female). Here is the thing though. There is always going to be someone better looking, making more money, smarter than you. If you are going to be always worrying they are going to leave for said 'better person', you won't get to live a happy life.

• yes that is true but when your are bottom tier aka ugly then anyone whos somewhat attractive will hsteal your partner from you. no matter how confident you are you're always gonna be ugly because geneteics said you were screwed if you are good looking and have a better body than most people you honestly at least have a chance

• A lot of the girls here actually prefer a skinny guy over a muscular. So if you are moderately attractive, you have good odds.

• Im also ugly so...

• seems legit

• My boyfriend. is skinny. And I won't change. Him for ANYTHING OR ANYONE... No matter how attractive. The other guy is 😊

• how skinny? anythign above 140 pounds is avergae wreight not skinny

• its not a fact cause it doesn't happen unless said woman is extremely insecure but at some point she will come to resent her ugly boyfriend and cheat thats just how it is. People need to stop spewing confidence and self esteem boosting crap online (excuse me french) but it's obviously not working when a guys is too fat/skinny ugly or girl chances are thats never gonna work we know we are fucked over by life and gotta settle for things we dont like and a crappier life in general :)

• Look, its a fact coz its actually happening, as for the cheating thing, not every beautiful women cheats and maybe they're not with their boyfriend coz they have low self-esteem, its coz they just liked him and felt comfortable around him.. Oh u're French? Hey, I love France😊 haha 😁
      anyways, even if you think that you don't have a chance, but u might have a chance, this is life, its full of surprises and we can't know definitely what's going to happen 😊

• I don't l ow why I'm bothering commenting. You already made up your mind that girls lie about looks being important. But here goes.

Maybe some girls are very worried about appearances, but as one where recently got out of a really bad relationship, I care a lot more about how I am treated than how he looks. No amount of looks can console when abuse is in the picture. Furthermore, the idea of a very muscular guy scares me a bit. So skinny is not a turnoff for me. My few extra pounds are probably a bigger turnoff for you.

• I think skinny guys are cute too... Yes they have a chance I just depends on the girl.

• maybe woith a really fat ugly chick :)

• I been trying to gain weight and I did gain some weight but this takes years upon years

• Then you just aren't meant to you're probably healthy for your height and you should just accept yourself.

Or if you're still having a problem you don't necessarily have to gain weight to build muscle. You could just start excercising and lifting weights more.

• I like skinny guys, well the guy I like rn is pretty buff but this is the first time i've liked a buff guy.

• Yes.
    I have noticed many female GaGers here prefer skinny guys.

So, there are women who likes skinny guys.
    No worries.

• Well, my current guy is skinny - 5'10", 115 lbs. He doesn't look skin and bones tho. He works out and has a really nice toned body. I also find him really cute and he has an amazing personality :)

• Oh yeah totally my first love was WAY skinnier then I am, I'm not overweight or anything he was just very very lean and I have curves lol, anyways to answer your question yes I would totally date a skinny guy it might sound stupid to you, but I would totally take a skinnier guy over a stupidly buff one any day, like channing tatum for instance he's just way to muscular for my taste, I like normal looking guys with normal looking bodies not He-man bodybuilder types lol.

• I've dated skinny guys, I have known women who prefer skinny guys.

If you really think being skinny is unattractive then try to bulk up a bit.

• I've been trying for 3 years takes a really long time I'm starting to think this is not worth it

• @asker thats not bad. I've got a date with a guy who is 5'11.5" and 140lbs.

• Actually it is pretty bad lol my case

• If a girl, judges you by looks then she's already not worth your time. That's pretty shallow. Personally, I'd take and honest man who respects me over any hot guy. So yes, with a girl that's worth your time, you definitely have a chance.

• I am proudly in love with a skinny guy.

Don't let your insecurities get the best of you. Show confidence.

• I don't think it's bad at all. If you dating someone and they choose to leave you for a "better looking guy" then she's obviously the wrong girl for you. You'll find a person that likes you for how you look and who your are.

• My boyfriend of 1.5 years is skinny. Yeah I am attracted to muscular guys too but I am in LOVE with HIM not them. When you fall in love it doesn't matter.

• I prefer skinny guys! Of course they have a chance (with me) haha

• somehow I can't fanthom a girls liking a sack of bones

• I know! I bumped to this obese lady in the train and man, she was so soft! hahah I felt like wanting to sleep like a baby in her arms lmao but still, I prefer skinny guys.

• I only like skinny guys.

• You have to find the right girl.

• This kinda answer makes anyone mad since its pretty much "I dont know what to say so I'ma say some random vague shit"

• Yea they do but it depends on HOW skinny

• Guys or girls shouldn't worry about the others opinion. There are many different types of people and preferences everyone is different and will not have the exact same taste as the other :)

• I feel like as long as you have a nice face you have a chance, although a good personality also helps lol I personally think a lot if skinny guys are very attractive

• Yes - in my opinion you definitely have a chance. I know a decent number of girls who actually prefer how skinny guys look... I agree looks matter to more than most of us are willing to admit but not everyone is looking to the same thing. My best friend is actually one of those girls who actually prefer their men thin (although she gets hit on more frequently by more muscular men to her dismay) . As for the confidence being attractive = bullshit, I somewhat disagree. While it won't make you attractive to someone who doesn't appreciate your appearance, it will make you even more attractive to the girls who like slim men. Best of luck :)

• I say u have a chance I don't want some guy who thanks he is gods gift to women over confidence sucks and I don't like really built guys either

What Guys Said 14

• Let me preface this by saying that I am also a skinny guy. Last time I checked, I weighed 134 pounds, and I'm 6 feet tall. So yes, I'm pretty skinny. I started going to the gym recently to try to bulk up. Not because I want other people to like me, but because I want to take care of my body. I have noticed some improvement already, but I haven't weighed myself, so I'm not sure if I've gained much weight. So I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. (Only I really may not be able to change my body. I have crohn's disease and it is really hard for me to put on and maintain weight. My doctor told me I may always be this skinny. Hopefully you're not in the same boat.)

The answer to your question is yes, you will have a chance with girls. I've had girl troubles all my life too. I've never even had 1 girlfriend. At one time, I thought the same as you. the problem is my weight. But here's a secret about dating: when you meet someone, you're not worrying about their imperfections; you only worry about your own. If you are talking to a girl, she is going to be more worried about her looks, her weight, her body, her hair, anything! But don't just take me word for it. Girls, help me out here, because I know it's true. And think about it: have you been worrying about these girls' imperfections? No, only your own.

I've recently started talking to a girl. We're not dating, but things are going really well, and not once have I worried about my weight. And neither has she. In fact, she always pokes fun at her own weight (which she shouldn't because she is a perfectly normal, healthy weight and absolutely beautiful the way she is). But back to the point, she does not care about my weight. I'm hoping that I may have finally found someone special in my life, but even if things don't work out, I know it won't be because of my weight.

Not trying to be harsh here, but did you ever think that maybe your dating mentality is the issue. There have been many girls commenting here that they love skinny guys and don't care about bodies. And I'm sure there's many more girls like that out there. Maybe you just haven't been open to them. If you've been looking for the hot, sexy, perfect 10 face and body girl, you need to wake up. Looks aren't everything. Those types are girls are usually the shallow ones anyway who also only care about looks. That's not the kind of girl you need in your life. Be open to others and their imperfections. No one is perfect.

• Ok I tell you how it is. You misunderstood the confidence part. How you understood it, it definetly IS bullshit. You can't just be a fat fuck that looks like this and say "But Im confident with myself that means, I get girls right?"
    4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...y-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg
    No that means you just dont care about your body. Same in the skinny direction. What people mean by confidence in yourself is "Work on yourself until you can allow yourself to be confident with yourself.". You're too skinny? Dont eat just more, eat the right things to gain weight and visit the gym! Drink protein shakes before and after the training! And get a trainer to give you a good plan how to work out and dont just slender through the gym without any idea and just try some mashines to exercise on. Dont be confident as you are right now, make yourself confident.

• Always I hear people complain "I can't gain weight, no matter how much I eat! I dont understand!" then I ask "Whaddaya eat?" and they answer "Y'know just normal stuff: burgers, fries, spaghetti Sometimes, or Pizza! I eat a lot of pizza!" then I just facepalm "THIS isn't HOW YOU GAIN WEIGHT! EVEN IF YOU WOULD EAT ALL THE BURGERS AND PIZZAS IN THE WORLD! You can't eat just more of the usual junk and hope something happens. Carbohydrates and protein plus vegetables! Over and over! Plus training! Cuz muscles ARE heavy and you'll look heavier.

• It is true that if you put two guys with the exact same personality and one is skinny and the other is muscular, 90% will go for the muscular guy. The first impression is the most important, and unfortunately for us skinny/lean guys, when it comes to attractiveness a muscular guy will most likely be the one chosen.
    That's why you gotta have a high confidence so that girls find you interested and don't ditch you for the muscular guy, then prove that your personality is worth it.

This doesn't apply to all women, but it does for the vast majority.

• yeah but I hate it how girls claim that they are the nicer sex that only date guys because they are nice, bullshit big pecs and nice faces for them alll the way unless she's fat and ugly

• Yeah, but we all know that's not true, they just say it so that the guy doesn't feel bad about it, but obviously physique is a big part of attraction, they're not gonna go for a super awesome guy with a great personality if they don't like his body, and now muscular bodies are what most women like.
      So lets hit the gym bro! xD

• I do hit the gym but I won't have a normal psyisque till like 10 years down the road where all women are fat anyways I'm thinking steroids but I'm terriefied of being impotent or getting gyno SMH

• As a tall, decently built guy, I can tell you that my scrawny friends have had much more luck with women than I do. There's also a good portion of women who, believe it or not, are turned off by big muscles and would rather have a skinny guy. Seriously.

• After what I've heard from my female friends. I found out... they don't give a shit about muscles. And if they have muscles, its only attractive if they have a small amount. They also really like skinny guys. I never hear of any girls being attracted to overweight guys, not even average weight guys. They always go for the skinny guys.

• Oh come on I have seen girls with skinny guys as well as muscular one...

Different girls have different likes and dislikes... get over it..

And by the way if a girl leaves you or cheats on you for a hot guy then she is bitch and waste of time anyways...

But a girl who really loves you will accept you as you are!!!

• Yeah man. Especially if you're a skinny guy with an above-average dong because it will look even bigger on you.

But sexual stuff aside: If a fat bastard like me can get ladies then there are surely girls waiting for a guy on the other end of the spectrum!

• Majority of Asians in Asia are skinny and they seem to be the most populous people in the world sooo I'm gonna go with yes.

• Considering that 2/3 of the population are overweight, skinny guys have excellent chances.
    I'd never wish to be fat.

• Well I'm an overweight guy so I've never been in a relationship
    even though women on here have told me if I lost weight I'd
    be attractive lol what a bunch bull that is, I do agree with
    you a lot of females will argue with what you said they
    know your right but don't want to admit their wrong.
    But depending on how skinny you are I don't see
    you having a problem.

• Don't worry, dude.

All my skinny friends never had problems with women.

If you're self-conscious, bulk up a little bit. Eat more, but healthy. Lift, but smartly.

• im 5´9 and my weight is 120 lbs i allways hate this but the same way love it. i can't resist the body atrattion to a girl who weight more than me doesn't matter if she's awful fat i love the huge body of they if she willing to acept herself just i love it xd

• Skinny guys do ok

• Depends on how skinny, if you're really underweight like I once was, just start measuring your calorie intake and bulk up a little. I've been underweight my entire life up until about a couple of years ago, I thought with my metabolism I could never do it but once I began eating more nutritious foods and measuring how many calories a day I took in it helped tremendously.

• I know how the gym works but without steroids I'd have to wait 5+ years to have a great physicque I gained 27 pounds its was okay but it stopped I know how to gain weight it just takes to long and I'm very impatient and to scared to mess with steroids

• I'm not misinformed I spoke this with my nutritionist She said that if I gain more than 10 pounds a year the rest above those ten is fat no good you can control how much fat you gain with muscle you canot build more than 10 pounds of muscle in a year given you're genetics are perfect steroid free. My friend did the same as you gained like 40 pouns in a few months it was all mostlt fat he got round. I wanna be muscular not a bloob man :/

• @Asker Uhm interesting. Yea I got pretty round but my chest, biceps, shoulders, back, and legs were pretty noticeable too, way more than the fat belly, so most people would look past it. The scale does show a 1 pound increase the first 2 weeks but then it starts going down a lot. I'd take your nutritionist's word over anything I'm saying though.
      Does she say there's no way for you to get muscular faster even with an increase on daily calories? Cause honestly most bulked people I know (that didn't use steroids) were actually pretty fat when they were bulking up, and then got thin and trimmed after they cut down. I don't think there's anyway to bulk up without gaining a fat, it would have to be precise math.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9dfU99VvuQ