I'm 18 and never had a boyfriend. Anyone else in the same place as me?

I know some of you are going to be like WHAT? but I didn't think " boyfriends " counted in middle school so I never had one. In high school i never wanted one because I just didn't really feel any connection with guys my age and I just didn't mind not having to worry about having one. Is it weird? I mean I've been asked out before. I don't know I just want to here what you guys have to say.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 21, never had a girlfriend. I had a few chances to go out with a few girls, and I just didn't feel the same for any of them. It felt wrong to just say "Yeah" when I was thinking "Sure, why not." Heavily regret those decisions for not all the right reasons, but we are all monsters to some degree. I think its weird for me, because mentally I dispute if its all going to be hookers n blow from this point onward. I am convinced that I am hoplessly behind as far as romance goes. Its a silly notion, but I guess a real fear with most guys in my shoes.

What Guys Said 11

• Its okay I have never had a boyfriend either /': But in all seriousness its totally okay. At college here I see girls all the time that have never had a boyfriend and a few that have never kissed anyone. Its totally okay :) got at yo own pace.

• Nope I've had several girlfriends though it's been like half a decade or so since my last one -shrugs- I don't find it weird or anything if someone hasn't dated or has little experience some people are just shy or late bloomers.

• Well there's nothing wrong in that. I think you can be a lot happier with just friends. Infact, I must tell you that relationships only complicate things if you're dating for the sake of dating.

• I'm 26 and haven't dated or had a first kiss. I imagine quite a few people haven't had any action long after their teen years.

• pssht you have not beaten me little girl

• yup we're on the same boat here

• It's not weird at all. I'm 23 and only had one girlfriend when I was 21.

• dont worry, i waited till i was 20. quality over quanity, take your time, get to know someone.

• I mean it's normal. As long as like you've gone out on like dates be4.

• I'm 18 this month so I guess so.

• Don't worry dear, I'm 26 and never had a girlfriend
    You are still OK

What Girls Said 10

• In 7 months I'll be in your shoes...

• I'm 18 too and I have never had a boyfriend or kissed anyone (besides when I was a kid). I have only held hands.

• that's absolutely normal. you have nothing to worry about dear

• I started dating a little after my eighteenth. I'm nineteen now and currently in my longest lasting relationship (three months). It's really just about meeting someone you're interested in dating.`It's not weird at all.

• Don't worry, I am in the same position as you :)

• I think it's okay. You want to be free, and not worry about making someone happy except yourself.

• I've been on dates but never had a boyfriend or kissed anyone it's okay

• You're totally fine! It's not weird at all. I had my first boyfriend and first kiss at 20 and now at 22.5 am still a virgin (I'm with the same guy, but we're in an LDR and taking things slowly). Don't worry about what others think of you - it's your body and your heart that are at stake and the only person who can make related decisions (i. e. who to date, when to have sex) is YOU. Wait until you find that one guy who comes along and sweeps you off your feet... that sounds cheesy, I know, but I promise that guy will be worth the wait. Mine certainly is. 😍

• I never had a boyfriend or been on dates till now and i am 18. I just started seeing a guy and he is the first guy i have ever dated. In high school all the guys were a wholes that i knew and now in college i go to a school that has maybe 900 people. a lot of the guys are also a wholes or the good guys are taken, gay or don't want to be involved with a girl till their junior senior so they can focus on school.

• I'm 20 and I'm just starting my first relationship now, I met him at college. I felt the same about the boys I went to school with; we always connected more as friends than a relationship type of deal.