Do you prefer dating someone of the same race or different race?

I prefer dating someone from a different race because they are more respectful and not mean but if I someone is nice to me and they are from the same race ill date them I don't really care about looks

• same
  • different

Most Helpful Girl

• Well... I could say my preference is Asian guys for obvious reasons. However, in reality I'm pretty colour blind when it comes to racial preference. Every colour has got some pros and cons, though no definite ones. I'm sure I could be just as happy with a brown guy, white guy, black guy, as I would be with an Asian.

Pretty sure the culture, religion, location and general way in which the guys was raised will be a much larger factor in how compatible we are than their ancestry and amount of melanin in their skin.

What Guys Said 20

• i prefer dating people that I like, regardless of their race

• Honestly I wouldn't mind cause race doesn't determine who you are. But I'll be lying if I say I'm not more attracted towards white women.

• I date my own race because I find them most attractive, they're more likely to share my beliefs, values and culture. There are also other reasons, it's a long post but it's a good read if you're interested:

angelojohngage.blogspot.co.uk/.../...rect-you.html

• i think its strange to see so many people listing different
    as a preference i usually go for girls who will share a similar culture or upbringing

i am mixed myself lol! so maybe i should stop speaking
    i want to date a girl who has similar values and culture
    if she has that i am cool

• I don't give a fuck for races. So, all races are available for me do date.

• I'd prefer to date someone of the same race, but I'd be completely fine with dating a Latina or an Asian as well. (I'm white).

• I only date someone from my own race that is Human Race. Never dated other races and have no interest in.

• If i like the person i like the person

• I'm open to all except Asians.

Asians just don't do it for me.

• Any girl that would be ready to go out on a date with me

• psht haha way to dis your own race.

• really she's only "dissing" the people she's come across. obviously she can't make a statement that people of her race are all less respectful or all mean

• I don't really care. Black booty, white booty, red booty, purple booty.

Booty is booty.

• To anyone it really depends on what they grew up around. Since they grew up around a certain race that is the determining factor. I sort of hope this helps you

• Different anymore. It's been a long time now. Always different now.

• I don't date, hook up, break up etc.

• I am fine with both :)

• I don't say no to mine but I do tend to like different more

• I have no preference as such but majorly I've dated women of different race only

• So what is your race. I bet your a self hating white.

• I would prefer the same but a different race is not a total deal breaker

What Girls Said 12

• I have no preference. I date someone because of who they are, not because of their skin color, nationality, or any other insignificant difference.

• I honestly have no racial preference. It's whom ever I like. If he happens to be of a different race ok if he happens to be the same ok. All I really care about is that he treats me right. That's my preference.

• I don't have a racial preference but honestly, I'd prefer to date a minority.

• I must admit, there is a certain natural element of comfort and coziness when dating someone of the same ethnicity who is familiar with the culture and customs I grew up with.

• @AmandaLynn1930 oh lol didn't realize that. Personally, the whole concept of 'preference' is stupid and borderline discrimination to me so I don't give into all that physical/racial preference BS.

• I would never betray my own race. So I cannot fathom preferring not to date my own race.

• i m fine with both...

• I wouldn't mind dating someone who is from the same race as I am but I also wouldn't mind dating someone from a different race. I'm picky but not THAT picky.

• Don't have a preference because those things don't matter

• I prefer dating within my own ethnicity

• I don't see what's wrong with what you just said (other than generalizing) since you said that you would date a nice guy from your race.

• I don't really care.

• I can't say it makes a difference to me

• its nice to have some change, see what other cultures do and how different families are when it comes to where they are from and stuff.
    hubby is black and hit family is so different from both sides of mine. so its nice to see things i wouldn't see if i were with a white guy.