Going out with a girl from work; any tips on how to behave?

Some backstory here:

I'm 25. Back in March, I (along with another department head) hired a new employee, who split her time between reporting to me and reporting to someone else.

We get along really great. We always make each other laugh, we have similar sensibilities regarding practically everything, and we frequently have deep/interesting discussions. Any time there's a meeting or a work-related function, we almost always end up talking to each other exclusively.

On Friday , we're going to see the comedian Marc Maron. **She no longer reports to me**, so I'm no longer her boss anymore, but we are still co-workers, and I'm technically higher up on the pecking order. I've paid for her ticket, and there's a good chance we'll get dinner or a drink either before or after.

I really like this girl, and it's a chance to "make a move," so to speak (or at least indicate my interest); however, I am acutely aware of our roles in the workplace, and I absolutely do not want to do anything that would make her feel uncomfortable. I couldn't live with myself.

So, bearing all this in mind: **Is there anything I should (or *shouldn't*) do or say?** Any feedback is appreciated!

0|0
1|0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see why not. You both seem compatible and enjoy each other's company. Do it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.