Girls, be honest do you care more about looks or the power and influence that the guy has?

Self-explainatory.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys just assume that women are attracted to what men are attracted to, namely looks. Plenty of evidence that looks are not the number one priority, but of course they do play a part, and it makes sense to look your best.

In yesterday's Danish Metro newspaper, there was a poll. 7% of women would rather go on a date with a handsome guy. 81% would rather go on a date with a funny guy. 12% were undecided.

Guys: stop obsessing over your looks, and start looking for the funny side of things.

• Yes this has been my experience too. I don't know why many women don't admit is probably they're afraid of being termed as gold-digger or fame hungry or whatever. I too think that men should be more focussed on developing their "game" instead of getting obsessed with their own look. I mean how would someone explain this guy getting this girl if looks were that important for men.

www.examiner.com/.../...l-wood-marilyn-engaged.jpg

• Good point. Fame is, by the way, the ultimate asset in that respect.

• Thanks for MHO :)

What Girls Said 9

• I'm just simple lol I want an average/ok looking guy but I would date a guy who wasn't that nice looking if I liked him and I would prefer someone with no power or influence really, I don't normally find those kind of people attractive, I find the majority of them to be very fake.

• But if he's genuine and a famous influential man, but kinda ugly, would you still ignore him?

• well I have always thought that women are smart enough to identify a guy who's earned power or merely inherited it through manipulation, fear and being opportunistic. But I don't consider that real power since most of the time it's temporary. Really influential people earn it through shear charisma and determination that I think is much more attractive to quality women than looks. Also you're right... powerful men do get egotistical however women still consider them attractive as ego is sometimes equated with confidence.

• I actually don't think women or a lot of people in general are smart enough to know when they're being manipulated, when someone has power, they're automatically put on a pedestal and idolized, regardless of how or why they got there. So people are infatuated and infatuated people don't always make the best assumptions about how genuine someone is. That's the case in a lot of relationships as well sometimes lol

Also i'm not saying that it's not possible for genuine people to be powerful and respected but I think you should always keep your eyes open around them and to why they have so much power.

• The power and influence personally. Looks are always a bonus. If they are a really respected guy with a great personality why not?

• Depends -- if I SEE him first and find him attractive I am more likely to be interested to see what else he is about and the power & influence will be evident.

If I HEAR him first (podcast, for example) and he is inspiring, motivating. I'll be inclined to research him out.

They both have their place to me.

• but what if you see a guy and think "Gosh he's ugly", but later realize that he's a very famous leader or movie star wouldn't you get attracted to him?

• yes I get you society has found another way to make women feel bad about themselves (that's why the term gold digger). Well I don't consider it gold digging if you choose the fittest member of the society. Even you would agree that people who are leaders and stars are on some level fittest members of society cause of the value that they receive from others. It's not gold digging, you are just choosing a partner that is best for you.

• yes. spot on.

• Looks. *filler*

• oh c'mon power and influence would play a little role right. A plain good looking guy is just like a wall-flower.

• they become powerful and influential because they have certain great personality traits. If you'll see all the rockstars are not typically good looking, but they sleep with thousands of groupies doesn't it tell something? hell if looks mattered this much Marlyn Mansion would remain alone for his entire life but just google the women he's dated.

• Looks are in the eye of the beholder.

• Looks
    Filler

• I like a guy who has power and influence and is and know respect and bounderies..
    As far as looks go it never concerned me...

• depends in what situation.

• Okay can you like elaborate on it further?

• well i guess if you're picking a guy as you "hookup partner" you'll go for charm and maybe phisical features and that's all nothing else matters. it's ONLY a hookup.

• I think it's different for each girl because there are some that value looks/money way more than they really should. I think in certain cases that personality can triumph looks. A charming personality or skills/talent can compensate for unattractive physical traits. But usually looks are what grabs my attention, and its the personality that tells me if I actually find them attractive. When I'm older I'll probably want to find someone that's financially stable not necessarily making five figures but is able to help support to start a family. I think that as society progresses into gender equality, and women and men are financially equal, then the importance of finding a man with higher social status and salary will be less. It makes sense because she doesn't have to be so dependent either. There will always be the shallow girls that date the douche bag hot studs. And of course the bimbos that follow men with fat wallets. But I'm sure the majority of women are more genuine.

• Also there's probably more of a correlation instead of causality with women and wealthy men. Men that are self made are attractive because they're confident and ambitious, they det goals they were able to achieve.

• Yeap at least that's what I think and many women would agree. Most women do care about looks and money but to a degree

• exactly my point, women are not attracted to the money actually it's the guy who has worked hard to earn that who is really attractive to them. But people still have to shame them as gold-diggers.

• I'd like a nice, caring, loyal guy that loves me and isn't a rude a-hole. He can be the hottest guy ever, but if he's rude or mean to me, I'm not even going to stick around.

Out of your two options, I guess I'd pick power & influence over looks. I don't need or want him for his money, but if he worked hard to get a good position, I'd be proud of him for his efforts and work ethic.

• yes, I mean hard work and charisma must have some value right.

• Oh yeah. I appreciate hard work. A good work ethic (a healthy balance, not really a workaholic) and ambition can be very attractive traits to some people.

What Guys Said 4

• Dude, When it comes to guys, Looks are 70%, Money is 20% and the final 10% is personality. Looks are the single most important factor by far.

• Probably looks

• Even if you look good if you're stupid and poor most girls won't want you...

• Money 80 looks 20 as far i have seen

• I wouldn't say money in all cases but yes in my experience power & influence-80% while looks 20%

• I'm talking about women in general, also I don't live in India

• I know you dont but you know the mentality and yes most of them are :)