Should I try going for it or let him go?

I come from an emotionally abusive background which has led to some unwanted characteristics. For example, I always want to be in control, sometimes I have a hard time trusting people, and I use sarcasm as humor. Like a lot.

There is this guy who has liked me for over a year. He hasn't pushed anything with me but will make comments like "we play off each other so well" or "I can't wait to see you." Honestly, I do think we play off of each other and I get excited whenever we hang out. I just don't want to admit it because then it's like I give away that control. I like having all my cards to myself so no one can cheat me.

I feel bad for the guy, because sometimes my sarcastic comments come off really harsh. I've been trying to pull them back and lower the walls a bit but the whole trust and control thing gets me freaked out again. Should I continue lowering the wall for him or let him go?

This week he has been texting, calling and snapping almost every other hour. I feel like I'm suffocating.

Most Helpful Guy

• GO FOR IT. To become a whole person you'll eventually need to get better at trusting and releasing the control. Why wouldn't you want to try to do that with this guy?

As for the texts, calls and snaps just tell him to chill a bit because you're finding it too much right now.

What Guys Said 3

• There's an old saying I like a lot for something like this. If you do not enter the tiger's cage, you will not catch it's cub. Basically meaning, you can't do anything without risking something. What you do is up to you, of course. Risk versus reward.

• I would always try to go for it

• Take a risk otherwise you'll regret what you haven't done

What Girls Said 1

• talk to him about it. explain why you are a bit harsh sometimes and that you really like him but are afraid to let him in because of whatever happened to you.
    Honesty communication is always best. He can't read your mind but might have realized that you have a wall he still hasn't been able to take down.