Is it rude to tell a girl she looks older than her age?

I met a girl who was 21 and told her she looked 27, she got mad at me and left. why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Kinda. My coworker/crush asked me if I was tired today and I said no... asked if he thought I looked tired... and he said yes.

That's basically the equivalent of saying someone looks like shit. Which also works when you say someone looks older.

I was insulted.

What Girls Said 7

• NEVER tell a woman she looks older, silly! That's not something we ever want to hear since it implies we're not aging well and are therefor less attractive :/

• Yep. Didn't your mama ever teach you not to talk to a girl about her age and weight? Easiest way to piss her off is to tell her she looks older than she is and to tell her she looks heavier than her actual weight.

• I think girls want to look younger. :p

• oh damn! maybe she heard it too often before lol

• No not rude but I don't think she would like it. Maybe you can use the word 'matured' instead of older. It sounds nicer to me :/

• Hoe about we start treating women like their capable and confident

• @justanothergager:Hmm I don't know if this has something to do with someone's confidence? I think generally everyone prefer to look younger than their age.

• No like be mature and intelligent enough to hand honesty or truth even it'a hard to swallow.

• Girls are really funny with their looks and age. I'm not but for her it was a soft spot maybe next time say she looks more mature.

• We are pretty sensitive to those comments

What Guys Said 7

• I sometimes do it intentionally to piss them off lol.

I say something like "You look good for 28"

She'll respond "I'm not 28😠! I'm 23"

Me "Oh you don't look too good"

• It's rude because youth is prized in women to a certain level

• Haahah lol you are a idiot..😀😀 girls like it when they are told they look young and not older... hhhahaa.

• Lol bruh my exp says that ladys dont want to hear that stuff and bruh its kinda rude too :p

• it is not rude at all, I think what she did is rude

• yes dont ever ask or talk about her age :P

• I think it's funny how women hate to hear honest answers and mistakes from men. They look too deep into remarks and analyze everything and then make it sound worse than it really is. Then again, the vast majority of women are overly senstive creatures.