Who should pays for the date?

Who pays for the date?

GIRLS!! Please don't say "Whoever asks should pay" becasue we all know the majority of you just wait to be asked out.

Most Helpful Girl

• In the early stages, it's nice if the guy pays. After the 4th date, she should offer to pay for the date. From the 5th date, it's time to start sharing the responsibility.

• What if he doesn't want to pay but he wants to split it with you, does that affect your future at a relationship?

• Okay, I get that but him asking her out doesn't already prove interest in her?
      Also if this is about showing genuine interests, what is the girl doing to demonstrate that?

• Yes it does but it goes beyond just asking her out on a date. You are showing good manners, reflecting the things that your family taught you and whatever else you have learned regarding women.

The women is saying yes to going on a date with you which also shows her interest. From a female point of view, if a guy asks her out for a date and she agrees, out of courtesy, he should initially pay. You are showing that you have standards and are a decent guy. It's not setting the tone for the rest of the relationship, it just shows that you want to impress her and get to know her better.

What Girls Said 8

• Personally, I prefer to split the bill early on in dating, and when we're at a point where we know there will be more dates in the future, then I prefer to take turns paying.

• Depends, if you asked out a traditional girl with expectations or worse a high maintenance woman, you should expect to pay.
    If you have met a different kind of woman she may offer to pay.
    Best option, go dutch. Why does it have to be either or?

• Most guys aren't interested in high maintenance girls. Also with your "traditional" girl, times are changing most women seek to be equal to men and that should include paying for themselves.

• No one is attracted to high maintenance. But people often fall for someone for their physical appearance or other qualities and they happen to find they are high maintenance. It's not "my" traditional girl, I am saying if you as a man find one of those that is what you will deal with. If they have that mentality drilled in their head from their parents or society in general that is what you will encounter and they won't be as lenient or equal. They will have the princess mentality.

Additionally I never disagreed with you. I myself am not one of these examples I expressed or that you are talking about in your question. So again not "my tradition" when I don't even agree with it to begin with lol (:

• Every person should pay for themselves.

• You should just pay if you are asking her.. And especially if its on the first date make a good impression if you like her

• Personally i would the guy to pay for the first few dates, why? it just feels right for me. But later on we can share paying for dates

• Maybe just split it for the first date? That way there's no dilemma about who pays

• I was raised that the guy should pay for the date only because hats what gentlemen do but now more people are comfy with splitting the tab so that no one feels like they owe each other anything.

• 1st -3rd date guy. But go Dutch or switch off after that.

What Guys Said 2

• Either split or take turns, but it doesn't really matter. Or at least it shouldn't, ideally. The only wrong thing you can do, in my opinion, is act like it matters too much.

• I'd pay for the date but if I don't have much she can pay