Guys, What is a break?

What does it mean when a guy says "can we take a week or two break so I think about us? I will text u again when I am ready to date again. " this is after he found out my guy friend came over to my house for a visit.

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he is reflecting on his feelings, if that the case that is good, it doesn't do to be in a relationship half heartedly that will just make pain for both parties in the end, so him thinking about it seriously , if that is what he is doing is a good thing. It could also be a bunch of bull and just an excuse hopefully that is not the case.

Love is a great thing but it can be painful and confusing as well. You may run into times where you get hurt, it is unavoidable in life, I just hope this isn't one of those times.

• Re-read. I think he's jealous and he's trying to punish her.

• I see, I guess I did gloss over too quickly then, you may well be right. If that the case he is being a bit childish if he is punishing her, they are dating, but that doesn't mean that he owns her time and that she can't have friends. Don't get me wrong I think any guy would feel threatened in a similar situation but if his response is to say something like that without letting her know his feelings about I can only think that he needs to grow up a bit. Well they are both under 18 from what I can guess they are going to have to learn a bit.

In a relationship I think people need communicate and try to be open to each other, it has to be both sides, not just one or it will never work. Perhaps she should reflect on their relationship as well, if they get back together, they should definitely communicate their expectations to each other as well. When people want something out of a relationship and the other person doesn't know it never good, people aren't minder readers, tell each other.

• Ya my ex is immature and I think I'm not going back to him because he is kinda a douche. Like 4 days later he texts me back and just says "wow". What the heck is that supposed to mean anyway. I'm done with relationships for a while less stress.

What Guys Said 19

• Breaks are typically just long drawn out breakups. Couples who need a break typically aim to try and see if things will work but almost always end up in a breakup.

• It usually means that they are getting bored with dating that person, and they are thinking about "looking around".
    It probably doesn't have anything to do with your friend coming by.
    You are allowed to have friends if you are in a relationship unless the other person wants to "own you"
    That's not a good sign.

• Honestly, in this case, that looks like a jealous guy who's trying to punish you by making himself scarce. don't play his game, tell him he can take his time while you look for someone else. I guarantee he'll be back at your place in 10 minutes.

• Well its supposed to mean he needs time to think about the relationship and needs to refrain from contact to not hinder his decision... but most guys don't know this and end up fooling around cause its like a hall pass for them since it's deemed a break.

• I'm guessing two things. One being that he might be stepping aside because he thinks you are cheating on him with your guy friend. The other could be that he truly wants space/a break from you so that he can "miss" you. He wants to appreciate you more that way when he misses you.

• Umsss for me is a slow way of breaking up, just to not do it in one hit, but it could mean that the person wants to try things and not to feel bad of "cheating" in this situation I think he is jeolus and he wants to express that but who knows. There is no one anwser to this, you need to see the hole thing and make conlcusions.

• It means your boring to him, and he wants to do something/ someone else for a week. I wouldn't do it, but that is reset silt what he is saying, unless of course this is school/ work related then he's just trying to get his shit done, then there is no harm no foul, but if he is pulling out enteirly, then basically he's bored with you and is to insecure to have a rebound, sorry, maybe it's not your fault, but that's what it means

• This means he wants to cut off from u... For sometime and think about u... See how much he misses u... To get back together.. .

• It means exactly what it says, He just needs some alone time to rethink everything about us (Each other)

• Yeah a break is utter BS in this day in age it means a break up. Stay or don't stay. Simple.

• It means you dont have a boyfriend you have a girlfriend and for the record you shouldn't be inviting guys over if you have a boyfriend would you like it if he was with you and inviting girls over to his house

• he sounds young af lol... all that for a break?

• It's a simp way of saying break up but with implied reconnecting vs. staying broken up.

• Breaks mean recess :S mere excuse to break up..

• Hrs gonna bang another girl

• Bang some other people, then come back to finally make breakup.

• Ugh it's hard to tell because you are under 18 so he might want to just fuck another girl.

If he was more mature I would think that means he suspects you are cheating and isn't sure what he wants to do about you. He wants time to be alone and figure out what to do.

• A lot of people use it as a chance to "guiltlessly" sleep with someone else and then make up their mind on whether they want to resume the relationship or blow it off and stick with the new person.

It sucks... but that's what it is.

• means he wants to leave you but have you available for future sex. He is a coward.