Why are black guys attracted to white girls, but black girls aren't attracted to white guys?

It seems odd to me that you can have black guys and white girls be extremely attracted to one another, but white guys and black girls won't even give each other the time of day. Why do you think this is?

I guess it's overall true that black women aren't into white guys because if they were, then they'd be more open to talking to white guys. As it is, black girls seem very closed off to meeting white/European guys, at least in my experience. In any case, it's very different from the interactions I've had in Europe .

20

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the person. Some suggest it's a social stigma and that white women show status, it could also be partly evolutional... Genetically speaking we want to create a stronger more resilient average member of any species... And inter racial children can do that. Different races are known for different health conditions, and the mixing of races can eliminate some of these thus creating a stronger average. From that stand point you view the male... Genetically programmed to want to spread his seed... The male can procreate with as many partners as he wishes, while the female has the gestation period, and the reering. So the male could be more genetically inclined to to want to increase the stronger average by mixing races

• Yes, there is hybrid vigor, but I just mean from a social standpoint. I'm German, and it seems like it's easy to talk to any type of girl here except for the black girls, who act like they aren't really even willing to talk to me. Given that and the lack of black girls with white guys, I thought maybe that white guys are considered unattractive by American black women.

What Girls Said 19

• I like white guys...

It's stupid this Interracial pairing does not get together more often since they have the longest lasting MARRAIGE percentage. (look it up) Black women face racial and sexist hate, and white men are seen as the bad guy to most minorities. The worlds are just too different I guess.

• Do black women still think of white men in a negative light? I know the racial past in America with segregation and the like, but I thought that was mostly past.

• That's not true. There are many black women that are into white men. I'm one and there are plenty of others on here.

• Then why are black women so skeptical of white men who talk to them? And why are my American coworkers telling me not to bother talking to black girls because black girls and white guys don't date? I think the group you describe may only be a minority of black women here in the USA.

• You haven't read anything I've written. I have experienced it for myself, many times. I've talked to numerous black women when I'm out, or at least tried to talk to them. I'm not going strictly off of theory at all.

• What you wrote on my comment did not imply that you've walked up to many black women in America. You simply regurgitated what I have heard many times before from guys who have heard these things from an alternate source.

You believe what you believe. I believe you're wrong and just because your endeavors haven't been fruitful doesn't mean that the whole race or the majority of black women are uninterested. That's called bias. I have come across more deadbeat dads than good fathers, but I'm not going to assume that men are more one way or the other.

• Who told you that lie? I think there is a miscommunication between both sides. From what I've seen and heard most black women don't think the white guys like them so they don't even bother approaching them. Same goes for white males. White males feel the black women will reject them and don't bother approaching them. Usually in a casual setting like a club, block party, or bar will both sides lighten up.

• Well I'm a black girl and the only thing that attracts me most besides Latinos is white guys. I don't know I'm just not attracted to too many black guys. It's just my preference. I love the different color hair and eyes. And I freaking love accents.

• Well a lot of black women get the impression that white men are not interested.

Also my mum is black and my dad is white. My half sister is black and her husband is white.

• White guys don't think black girls are into them and black girls don't think white guys are into them.

• I know, but why aren't they attracted to white guys? Are white guys considered unattractive?

• But I don't see any black girls with white guys at all. I can go out all over my city of residence and not see a single couple like this.

• That doesn't mean we don't like white guys

• I'm attracted to white guys and I've had white boyfriends before :)

• Ermm not all of us. I like white guys.

White guys don't seem interested in us either. Im guessing it's not the majority (on each side) that are open to dating on another..

• The reaction I've gotten from most black girls I've talked to has been skeptical. A work friend told me that black girls and white guys usually don't date in the US, which makes sense, because I don't see them together in social situations. I just wonder why this is. There are a lot of black people in the city where I live, so maybe they prefer to be with black men. Black men are said to have larger penises than white men. Is this a reason why?

• Again, I don't see where I'm not following "the rules." If I just go up and talk to black women, why do they all seem so standoffish and skeptical?

• They don't know what you want from them. That can make them really defensive. They don’t think that your coming over to have a conversation.

• I am a white girl and I find lots of black men attractive. I mean I like all races, and if I happen to find that person attractive regardless of their race I'll date them.

• I already know that. Please re-read the title of my post.

• they aren't always but i mostly hear "oh should i talk to her? i like her" or "i want to approach her but am too scared" mostly from my white guy friends lol white guys are perfectly desirable. it would just make many of them more desirable it they made the first move by approaching women the like more instead of either ignoring them or tryiing to use them for sex. and not just white guys do this all races of guys do this -_- i find white guys just as attractive as black guys.

• Is there something that black men say that makes them better at attracting women? I'm a very white guy and I''m foreign, so I'm not really aware of what it is that sets black men apart.

• one of my best friends is from Sudan and his boyfriend (my older brother ) are married sooo believe African American skinned colored girls do like blondes

• Ha! I'm not blonde, but I am a Northern European. There isn't likely a "whiter" guy than me.

• I'm attracted to white men.

• Why do you think most black women aren't attracted to white guys?

• I know about the racial history here, but I didn't think that it was so strong that a white guy just trying to talk to a black woman would make her so skeptical.

• Some people just aren't used to it.

• There isn't as many black women that are into white guys, but there are some.

• I know, but that wasn't my question.

• Ah, but that's why I asked this question :/

• Black women do date outside their race, but they are least likely too. Not because of their preference, but because of the preference of others. Society has certain characteristics which are considered to be attractive. For many years black women didn't have those characteristics, Black women are just becoming attractive more to society so I think interracial dating on the part of black women will increase.

• I love white guys! I think it's just thw person and it all depends on you as a individual☺.

• I have one black friend and she only dates white guys

• I'm black and I prefer white guys. I get the impression that white guys don't like black women so I'm less likely to approach them.

• I'm a black woman and I mostly date white guys.

• I am attracted to a small minority of white men like theo James s3.foreveryoungadult.com.s3.amazonaws.com/.../theojames_arms__span.jpg but other than that they just do nothing for me at all. I just have no sexual attraction to most of them. I prefer black and some latino/Hispanics

• I think it's more of a case of white guys not being attracted to black women

• ... NEXT ! :p

• This is an unhelpful and unintelligent comment, the first one I've received so far. I'm embarrassed for you.

• You are a sad person.

• you...