Why am I scared of sex?

So this new guy I've been seeing long distance is coming to visit me this weekend. We've talked about how far we want to go but both agree whatever happens happens. I don't want to disappoint him, but I don't know if I'm ready to have sex with him yet. The last time I had sex was my first time and it went terribly. The guy was aggressive and rude and ignored me when I said I wanted to stop and hurt me physically a lot. I know a lot of people have bad first times but why am I so stuck on mine? I dumped the guy and we haven't talked in months. I should be over the bad sex right? Please help. I want to be able to share this with this new guy. I really really care about him and he cares for me too. I want us to be able to share this together but for some reason I'm too scared. Any ideas? Thanks.

What Guys Said 1

• He's going to use you the same as any guy would when you give it up that easy. So go ahead if you want

• That doesn't help me at all, but thanks.

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't feel comfortable, don't do it. Never ignore you're feelings. You have the power to make yourself happy. You could feel worse for making yourself do something you don't want to do. Take your time. If these guy REALLY cares about you, he won't mind the wait.

You are well worth the wait to the right person.