Guys, do you want you girlfriend to change after you start dating?

After you guys have started dating do you want your girlfriend to change? Like not pay any attention to her guy friends, wear non revealing clothes, discuss with you before making plans with her girlfriends? And why?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• No I wouldn't want her to change, because the reason for being with her would be because I like the way she is, but guys who do this are the controlling ones and should be avoided because they don't change either, they will always want to control you, x

What Guys Said 14

• So... if you will notice... at this point a lot of responses you have had are from guys older than your age group who basically say "no". Thats because we have "been there and done that", and just generally figured out that, we would rather be with a woman who can be straight forward about who she is from the start. As far as the younger crowd? I honestly do not know but it would be nice to think they were in agreement.

• No, i don't like changing anyone. That's why i look for people who do those things BEFORE i start dating her :P

• I wouldn't want her to change... I mean there is that element that attracted you to her to begin with.. if you can get her than she would be someone entirely different. A relationship is based on trust, if that is non existent than what's the point.

• Wait, what? No. She's her own person.

• Not like that. I would request she make changes like adjusting her bad habits that I don't like and to be more self aware of it. But that's about it.

• I would not want her to change.
    I like her for the way she is, that is why I picked her.

• I either accept them for who they are or not date them anymore, if they don't measure up well up.

There is no use forcing to change people. But they can change themselves to be better as a part as self development

• No, I picked her how she was, and i want her that way in the end, I mean I'd talk to her if her clothes were quite revealing, but nope :)

• I thought the general rule was that women want their men to change but they don't; while men do not want their women to change but they do.

Your second question suggests control issues.

You may wish to leave while you still can.

• Of course not, we just prefer she doesn't talk to other guys

• Don't change a lot

• You date someone because you like the way they are.

• Oh, so girls wear non revealing clothes only when they have a boyfriend?

• Of course she can have guy friends. Then again a guy friend took the last one so I'm a bit worried about that happening again.