Guys, how would you feel if a girl made other plans because you didn't give her a definite "yes" to a date?

I'm beginning to think this is why he hasn't asked me out again. He said he had something to get done that night and if he had time, he would take me out. I don't sit by the phone and wait for men to maybe make time for me, so I decided to make plans with our friends that night. He finds out that's where I'm at, but doesn't say anything about the date, but proceeds to text me, my friend, and her husband that night, saying he can't come over when we asked him to join us. Ever since then, he hasn't mentioned a date, but got butthurt because I didn't mention the fact that last Friday's party was a joint party for my friend AND ME. He thought it was just hers. In front of everyone at the party, he was like "Why didn't you tell me it was your party too?" I said, "Because we didn't talk much this week and I didn't think it was important." He was like, "You know you can text me anytime you want. I guess it's not that big of a deal. Are you going to let me know about your birthday plans?" I, feeling weird about all of this, said smartassy, "Maybe!" (That night we slept next to each other on a loveseat and he didn't make one move.) So this week, though he didn't reply to my message for a whole day after the party (unlike him at all) and I didn't reply to him at all, I let him know about the party that weekend when he text me Happy Birthday on my birthday. We were talking and I said I was done making the moves. He said, "Moves? I asked you out!" I told him he did, but didn't follow through with the plans and only said "maybe." He said he meant he would take me out when we were both free (and he wasn't that night) and to let him know when I was free. The more I think about it, the more turned off I get by this situation. We are great together when we are in person, he just WILL NOT make moves like a man. I text him first. I called him first. I'm the only one that has called. I brought HIM ice cream on MY birthday. Yet, he can't man up enough to ask me out without placing the ball in my court with the whole "let me know when you're free" BS again? I can't handle doing all the work! What is his deal?

8

Most Helpful Guy

• If I didn't give her a define yes, then it was probably my fault in a way

What Guys Said 7

• I feelshewould have done the right thing. I would learn from this to make up my mind and inform her as to what that is , but other guys may get all butt hurt over it

• You act like EVERY single girl in the world.

No wonder he's losing interest in you.

• Because I wouldn't wait around my phone when he said "maybe?" I have a life. After a while, it gets old putting in all the effort. I'm emotionally available and he's not. It's pretty obvious.

• If I like somone Ill be in the phone waiting... so he should get now that you dont see him that way...

• sounds like you need to move on from this guy. You're not well-matched.

• We would regret it

• Girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right?

• Typical women, you're doing him a favor honestly.

• i would just go gym and workout, its my back up plan :D