Girls, Is a nerdy guy a turn off to you?

When I say nerdy I mean a guy who is into video games (not just Call of Duty or sports games), a guy who is into things like magic the gathering or maybe even comics or LARPing etc etc . now with all this mind you that said guy wouldn't IGNORE you for these things, these are just the things he is into. Sure it depends on the woman but what would the average consensus between women be about nerdy guys?

why or why not is it a turn-off?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't what I actively seek out, but I would prefer that to a drug addict or 'bad boy' now. "Nerds" are the best. They're comfortable in their own skin (confidence), they do what makes them happy, frequently (but not always) they're smart, and they aren't usually very arrogant. These are all generalizations but the bottom line is a nerd is definitely not a turn off. If he's interesting and I click with him, it doesn't matter what he does in his spare time (within reason, of course lol).

What Girls Said 19

• No, I tend to prefer nerdy guys, and most of the guys that I've dated have been nerdy.

Women in general, however? I'd say that they're probably less interested in nerdy guys. Some might not mind a guy having nerdy interests if they're otherwise attracted to him, but they probably wouldn't be like, "Oooh, he likes MTG? Hawtttttt."

• lol well no. I don't know I've just always gotten this vibe that most women tend to find nerdy guys as a turn off, and that a minority of women actually like or would prefer a nerdy guy... maybe I'm just to close to the subject because I am a nerdy guy lol.

• If that's all he's into then yes that is a turn off

• I don't find that nerdy at all. I love video games and I would think that it would be great if they liked them too. I don't know about the magic thing. Lol. Not necessarily nerdy but, I'm not gay into magic so that definitely wouldn't attract me but not a total turn off. But if they were funny with the magic/made me laugh. I think it would be great😄. Are you describing yourself here or just a scenario?

• *Im not that into magic* is what that sentence is supposed to say. Lol.

• Oh wow. Is it fun?

• lol it is to me.

• LARPing is an automatic no. I am, however, on the nerd spectrum so it's not necessarily a turn-off.

• Nope nerdy guys are awesome! ^^

• No if he's an otaku like I am. c;

• I like them but I'm not THAT into them. I like more of an average video game type guy (like Call of Duty or sport games) I just find the nerdy guys kind of cute and funny but also kind of weird at the same time..

• No I like it more then sex. I am sorry if anyone gets offended but it is fun to Maybe get involved and try and have fun with them. It's not always about sex with me it's also about spending time together and getting to know each other

• No, it's not a turn off. I actually like them.

• No, nerds are a turn on and so is intelligence.

• No I like video games

• I love nerdy guys as my name suggests lol!

• No, I'd actually say the opposite. I really like it if I guy is intelligent and a bit nerdy. When I was younger I used to go for the 'bad boy' but nowadays I usually go for the nerdy and smart guys, as they tend to be really nice and shy.

• It's not a turn off for me. I find it really cute lol

• I'm not into magic or Larp but i prefer anime nerd guys , game of thrones or history nerds.

• nothing wrong with that. how would you say women in general feel about nerdy guys? I mean sure each woman is different but what is the social feeling of women about nerdy guys?

• well it depends on the individuals involved , and nerdiness is more acceptable now.

• hmmm, why do you think that is? err nerdiness being more accepted?

• Depends in the looks and if he is always correcting us hope it helps x

• It's not a dealbreaker. People consider me a nerd as well...

• Nerdy guys are cool.

• Of course not. I just see it as a hobby of his. I think women and men should respect each others hobbies and interests. Maybe even learn more about each other's interests to feel more involved.