Break ups?

my girlfriend just broke up with me because of her family problems. she was crying but I wanted to cry but held it back to calm her down and it worked.

i told her not to worry and that what we had was special. she needs time for family and that is important.

I don't resent her for breaking it up and I really cared for her and want her to be happy. she still wants to be friends and I accepted that.

i just don't know whether to hang around with her and our friends anymore I don't want to be the creepy hang on because I hate everything about that, but I want to make her happy and show her I will always be there when she needs me and not just that she haves to hang with me which I fell she is doing.

any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should move on. Let her know that if she ever needs you she can call you and you'll be there for you, but other than that move on with your life.

My brother had been with a woman since they were at school together, he was head over heels in love with her and had started saving so they could afford to move in together. After about three years together she moved away to go to university. He travelled every weekend to be with her without complaint and then out of the blue she ended it with him, but she told him that she still wanted to be friends. He hoped she would change her mind and they would get back together so he still travelled ridiculous distances just to hang out for a few hours, but every time he saw or spoke to her it tore him up. She on the other hand was happy, she could now start looking for a new man while keeping the old one around providing the emotional support he always had.

If someone wants to end it, then end it properly. Don't stick around to give them a second or third opportunity to kick you in the teeth again.

What Girls Said 3

• I think in this case the best thing to do is back off. If she comes back to you, then great; but if she doesn't, not seeing her and not talking to her will allow you to heal and move forward. It hurts, but sometimes it's nice to think of this situation as a win-win one, because either way things will work out fine for you!

• im going through a situation familiar to this. I had to break. it off with the guy I was dating because my daughter didn't like him & all of this caused a lot of FRICKEN between him & I. I still love him but there's too much going on & hopefullyit wI'll calm down because I still want it to work. stay close but not too close sohssh can & you can miss eachother. wish you luck

• Sounds like you have too many emotions for her to just be there for her without things getting complicated. Sounds like it will be torture to yourself if you truly did care for her. Watching someone you care about hurt and also watching someone you care about moving on without you. I think you will create false hope for yourself by being there for her. Its almost as if you want her to change your mind, and be waiting in the wings when she does. I think you need to tell her you are sorry what is going on with her family, and you wish you could support her but you cannot be a friend to her at the moment because you just broke up.

What Guys Said 1

• if you're ok with the break up, be there for her and console her when she's in need of it and let her know that you'll be there for her no matter what. you can be a good friend to her without being her boyfriend as well.

in time when her family situation finally blows over, maybe she'll want to go back to being a couple. if not, she'll definitely know she still has someone that truly cares about her