Does being a single mother scares a lot of men?

If yes why?
If No why?

• Yes!!
  • No!!

Most Helpful Guy

• "Scare" isn't the word. It's just a dealbreaker. Some guys either want their own kids or don't want kids at all. So having a kid is already problematic for them. Plus you'll be subjected to whatever the guy feels happened within your last relationship. Some will also feel that the girl was reckless because she had a kid with someone she wasn't willing to stay with. While each situation is different, the ending point is that the relationship didn't work out and the couple took a step into a relationship where the couple should be able to stay together for life. Many guys aren't going to say this outright to a girl, but that will be their impression of her. There are obviously situations where the guy may have died and there was no way to avoid it. But most situations I see out there are couples who are careless about protection and they aren't at a point where they're really all that committed to each other.

What Guys Said 23

• not scared, simply ont interrsted in dealing with other people's responsibilities.
    If i want a family, i want it to be my own. Not some other guy's broken condom or failed marriage.

Selfish? well, i'm the master of my own life, and at the age of 20 i think it's perfectly reasonable to consider a baby to be a dealbreaker. Not dealing with that mess, especially not if there's a father still in the picture.

• It's not the mother,
    It's not her being single
    It's not her child
    It's the visiting rights of her ex and his mother which are potential trouble.

• When you date someone like that it is an instant family and all the extra responsibility and emotional and financial attachments that follow. It can be a lot to take on for a lot of guys.

• I wouldn't use scary to describe that, but it's true that many men avoid single mothers cause the mother would be looking for someone to settle down with, someone to take care of the baby too and provide for them, and some guys don't want that.
    I for example wouldn't go out with a single mother right now, cause I'm not ready to deal with that. When guys get older they start giving more chances to single mothers cause they're looking for someone to settle down with.

• Depends on the guy... A lot dudes just don't want to deal with the added responsibility of a child and the potential for your babies father to come back into your life.

Also, the fact that a woman has a child mean she has a lot less time to spend with a guy which isn't exactly optimal.

P. S. I misclicked my vote, move a no up to yes mentally.

• men want their won babies if they want babies at all. Going on a date with a woman and her always having her kid around, or bringing up what her child did or does, that isn't what they want to know. besides there is another guy in her life, unless he died or something.

• To some people that could be a dealbreaker, while to others it's not a big deal. To me, it's not a big deal

• Scare? No. I'm just not going to be the replacement daddy for someone else's kid because it's not my responsibility to help her out.

People need to stop attributing fear to everything. "Scared of independent women", "Scared of commitment", "scared of a single parent".

• Single mothers are fine with me and i don't mind them..

• Wouldn't bother me a bit. It's kind of a pain in the ass, but some guys are just more comfortable dealing with kids than others.

• Scare? No.

Sane men realize that for the most part, only losers want to be cuckolds raising another man's offspring.

And why date a single mother when there's plenty of unused women out there?

• At my age, totally.

• It does. It would be for me i dont like kids.

• Yes who wants to bear the burden of anothers child!!

• Unfortunately, it does. Some guys just can't get past the fact that everyone has a history behind and that they won't be the center of a girl's universe. Oh well.

• Yes. As for why, here, have these other woman's children. She's too busy smoking crack rock to watch them and I need a break because [excuses] thanks sweety ttyl I'll be out at the club with my guy friends.

• Most guys don't want kids of their own and when its not theirs it complicates things further

• Kinda sounds like one with a story to tell and things to share!! I would definitely like talking to a single mother with intellectual qualities... :)

• Yes, I don't want any of the drama involving the ex. And I don't want to raise someone else's kid.

• I just want friends with benefits. Doesn't bother me if a woman is a single mother.

• It has more to do with age for me, I don't think I'm ready to take care of kids.

• I wouldn't want to be added to the list of baby daddies paying a child support check

• I think at a certain age if I were still single I would be able to deal with it. But I'm young and don't make a lot of money even for myself, so caring for someone else's child is a big responsibility.

What Girls Said 4

• Guys don't want to have to provide for a kid that isn't theirs, so many avoid single mothers like the plague.

• The kid always come first.

• Yeah, I think so. A single father would scare me off.

• Not a big deal i think, you deserve to get better and be happier..