What's the difference dating a single mother and dating a male who is a father and dating full time single father?

Why it isn't a big issue of a man has kids but a big issue if your a single mom? does being a single full time dad is a deal breaker? Have anyone experience these situations or just judging?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, the difference between dating a single father and a guy who has kids can be really significant for the woman dating him.

For example, my current boyfriend of about five months is a single father. He has am almost three-year old son and the boy's mother passed maybe two years ago. If things progress with my boyfriend, for all intents and purposes, I'll be this little boy's mother. That is a HUGE responsibility, which I do take seriously and I'm willing to be open to that. A lot of women aren't and that's fine so long as you avoid relationships like this. Otherwise, it's not fair to the children.

On the other hand, I have also had boyfriends whose kids were either grown or the mother had primary custody, so I rarely interacted with them. Relationships like that are different. Why are they different? Because you're not inserting yourself into a child's life, therefore, there is less responsibility.

What Guys Said 3

• there's no difference i guess, only gender's different... but from wot i've sen single moms get many dates actually

• Father or mother... It makes no difference. I think it's not a good idea unless you're willing to love those kids.

• Is the male who is a father just have a divorce or what?

What Girls Said 1

• Usually the kids are with the mother 90% of the time so it's probably easier to forget your boyfriend has a kid.
    But if you're with a girl who has a kid by herself you are now like the dad to her kids. Same thing if it's the dad who has the kids most of the time.

But from my experience the dad sees the kids on weekends or baby sits when the mom wants to go out. So the guy has more free time to find a new girlfriend