He wants something more, but I think I have an STD?

so i have been friends with this guy for 6-7 months now and its safe to say we are best friends. But lately its been very flirting and sexual between us and he has made it very clear he likes me more then a friend and he wants something more.

I really like him too and i also want to try on something more, BUT i think i have herpes and he doesn't know and i dont know what to do.. i got tested today and the doctor said it will take about 1-2 weeks.

Im so depressed because i dont know how he will react and im terrified he i'll leave me.. Its pretty much no turing back from here.. i dont know if its even possible for us to just remain friends...

what to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a really tough situation but you just have to be upfront and honest with him. Maybe you should talk to him about taking things further and see where it goes.

Do you have HSV-1 or HSV-2? HSV-1 is actually very common among adults so it's really nothing to be stressed about. Cold sores are annoying but they aren't dangerous. Of course you should be careful not to spread it but a LOT of people carry the HSV-1 virus so you aren't alone, not by a long shot. HSV-2 is less common and holds more of a social stigma than HSV-1 but still, it's not a dangerous virus, it's more of a nuisance than anything else. It can be painful though and it can spread so you just have to make sure to use protection when you become sexually active again.

Either way, if this guy really likes you then I doubt this will cause him to lose interest. He might be turned off but you really won't know until you talk to him. Good communication is key. Best of luck to you.

What Guys Said 4

• "I don't know if it's even possible for us to just remain friends": what's that supposed to mean? If he doesn't want to be your friend just because you have an STD, then he's not friend material, let alone something more! Be patient. If he's not the one, then you'll find someone better.

• If he wants something more he deserves to know what you might have. Don't be afraid to tell him, is going to be a great way to know what kind of person he is and if he really likes you.

• Make sure you get yourself check out first

• Well, first you get tested for herpes then you go on Valtrex. Then you worry about the guy!

What Girls Said 2

• Just wait for the results. And if there is something wrong the only thing you can do is be honest. Do not pretend like everything is okay. Be open and let him decide where he wants to go with it if you guys are trying to be intimate. I wish you the best and keep your head up.

• ofc im telling him regardless.. he deserved to know the truth.. and thanks.. im going to try

• You should get checked.

• did you even read my question?