Is physical appearance/preference really a deal breaker?

I am talking to his guy I met online and he said that his biggest turn on is a flat stomach. I have a chubby belly that won't get flat due to the baby I had months ago, and also because I have never really been "small". I guess what I wanna know is do people really date to their ideal perference. We have soooo much in common and have amazing conversations. Is it a lost cause? Thanks so much for answering.

I just wanted to clear it up. I never told him that I had a flat stomach or anything, and I don't believe I lead him to think that I was either. you can clearly tell from my photos that I am not a supermodel I have a rounder, fuller face. Guess I was just curious about opinions if men are as shallow as women perceive them to be

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you answer him honestly when he said that? If a guy says anything like that to me about big boobs, long/thin legs, etc. I'm usually quick to say I'm probably not their type. None of them have ever wanted to stop talking to me afterward because usually I have other characteristics that they like, but I felt it was important to clear the expectation right away so that they knew what I was bringing to the table.

That being said, yes, people date outside of their type all the time. As long as there is attraction and intrigue from other factors.

What Guys Said 9

• It is important to be attracted to your partner. But that being said, i have my own set of preferences, but i have still been attracted to people that didn't match all of them before.

• It sort of depends on the guy, keep in mind that every individual is different. It sounds as though he's a solid guy that's talking to you and not interested in just sex like all girls think all guys are (sometimes). It honestly isn't a deal breaker for me, and if it is a deal breaker for him, then he could be a high-maintenance douche.

• Its not a deal breaker, but guys are more shallow than girls, so the percentage of being a deal breaker is higher.

• No, if he breaks up with you because of physical appearance, then he does not worth it.

• No, connection is what matters

• Yes, it really is a deal breaker for a lot of people.

• It might be a deal breaker for him. It's definitely not a deal breaker for me.

• if YOU want to get a flat stomach he should support YOU but don't worry about that just for him :)

he doesn't sound shallow i dont think its a deal breaker just talk honestly about how you feel so far

• If that is a deal breaker for him you should be happy, because you'll find someone better if that is e case

What Girls Said 7

• Of course there is. If there's physical attraction then that's just friendship.

• why would having a baby prevent you from getting a flat stomach.
    My kids going to be three in January and my stomach is super flat.
    eat right and work out.

• No body asked for your advice on the matter of the flatness of my stomach. The reason being that my muscles separated from because my stomach got so large with undiagnosed gestational diabetes so congratulations on being one of the lucky ones who goes back down to perfection.

• haha alrighty chick.

• Especially if you met him online, and he already thinks you have a flat stomach. Unless he's not that superfical and most guys are, he won't really be into you in person. Sorry.

I've dated online, had the best convos and good personal connection and even the average joes didn't give me 2 cents when they met me in person, bc I think they had a preconcieved notion of me being skinny or what.

• Not really

• It shouldn't be, but there are times that you just can't see through those major turn-offs.

• For most people? It is

• Yes it is...