Girls, How do I find a girl with a kid?

I'm beginning to think a girl with a kid would actually be better than one without since they would be more mature and out of their party stage. etc. I'm willing to give it a try.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with some of the other posters here. You shouldn't narrow your dating scope based on whether or not she's a single mom. There are plenty of good women who are moms and who aren't, just as there are plenty of not so great women on both ends. Also - and I say this as a single mom of more than one kid - the priorities will be different and should you be the kind of man who can't handle being second that could get to you after a while. There are so many perks to being with a single parent but there are also a lot of other things to consider on a person to person basis. You need to really be ready for some of them if you're going to attempt to woo a single mom. Last minute cancellations because of a baby sitter issue/sick children, inability to be spontaneous all the time, etc. You are NOT becoming a dad just by dating a single mom, trust me. Any mother who wants you to play 'daddy' is not a good woman to be with. IF you ever get to meet the kids then you would be their pal. Maybe someday you'd be a sort of fatherly figure but never Dad... just a friendly tip. I dated one man a while back seriously, after he met the kids he tried to be their dad and he was gone before you could count to one. ;)
    Bottom line, just look for a woman who is on the same wavelength as you and wants the same things. She doesn't necessarily have to be a mom or not.

What Girls Said 11

• Eh, some single mothers are really immature and irresponsible, especially if they're young and their kid was an accident or something. There are plenty of great single moms, but there are also plenty of great single girls without kids. I don't think that that should be some kind of criteria, or that you should actively look for a girl. A lot of single moms are kind of hard to get to because they're protective of their kid/kids, and don't want to introduce them to people that they might get attached to, who will eventually leave. Once you seriously date the mom, it's almost like you're dating the kid too. Not in a creepy way of course, but I mean it more like it's a package deal. So it's not all sunshine and rainbows either.

• No necessarily. There are girls out there that don't party. I would say 26 or older are girls that are out of the party age. Maybe girls with kids already may or may not be the best option for you bc then you would be responsible for the kid. And the girl could not give all her attention to you

• it makes sense. but be careful. you may find one whos money hungry and is always looking for someone to watch her kid.

• I'm sure that there is a dating website for this.

• Maybe instead of finding a single mom you should look out for women who are more career driven. Having a child doesn't make you any more mature than the next women but mantaining a good job shows responsibility and self sufficiency.

• A girl with a baby does not mean they don't party a lot or they are mature. Omg...

• You shouldn't really "look" for love or a relationship, because you'll most likely become desperate and make a bad decision. Stop looking for love or whatever it is you're looking for and live your life. It/she'll come to you eventually.

• from what guys say on here they're everywhere

• But women your age are already out of the party age... Or maybe the times have changed.

• im not a mother and im out my party stage... by the way im pretty sure they are everywhere

• Stalk pre schools and elementary schools