Why is this guy staying in my English when he does not need to take it?

So there is this guy in my English who is too smart for the English class we are both taking which is also $300 and I overhead him telling his table partner (he sits behind me) that he does not have to take this class but that he is not dropping it even though he wants to take a history class but it won't fit in his schedule other than his table partner other than his table partner I am the only person he talks to and he always starts our conversations but why would he stay its $300

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah, the perpetual student. I've had many of those over the years. I've got one going on 7 years now. He still hasn't graduated. Why do they do it? If you figure that one out, let me know. I can't. I failed this guy more times than I can remember, and yet every semester, there he is. Well, for the first week or two. Never see him again until the next semester. Not exactly the same in your case, but similar. He's not taking the class for the content, he's taking it for the socialization. To him, it's probably a worthy investment. The shot at meeting someone? Yeah. He'll take that chance. He may not even be paying for it. As a professor, as crass as it sounds, I don't care. I get paid if you're there or not, no matter why you are or aren't. It's not high school anymore. And I can't get involved in the drama anyway. I like my job and want to keep it.

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe because he saw you taking it

• Maybe he likes you?

• It fits, he probably needs it to be considered a full time student. It'll also raise his GPA.

What Girls Said 0