Ex boyfriend texted me saying he was depressed. Why did he do this?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me 7 months ago or so, saying that he was confused and didn't know what he wanted. He had just moved to a new country and had just started a new job, leaving back his family in his home country. Anyway, throughout the 7 months he's often sent me text messages and I've sent him some back. He's asked to meet up a couple of times but somehow he's never really set a proper date for it.

He added me on fb a couple of weeks ago, saying that he had lost my number (which is a lie btw). I kept it casual and didn't really pay much attention to him. Then today he sent me a text going "How are you young lady?" I replied back saying I was fine. He then went on to say that he wasn't very well, saying he felt depressed and lost. I tried to cheer him up a bit and he said he missed his family and felt that a lot of things had happened in his life.

Then he said that "You know, since we've stopped seeing each other I haven't met anyone who I have been as close to as I was with you"

Why would my ex tell me that he is depressed and all these things? I feel sorry for him because somewhere deep down I still care about him.

What Guys Said 1

• He wants you to comfort him maybe and talk to him?

• I did tell him that he could text whenever he wanted to and that I was there for him if he needed me.

What Girls Said 0