What does it mean when a guy calls himself your boyfriend?

So there's a guy I met online that I've been dating for around 2 weeks. He kissed me the last time I saw him a couple days ago (I've been out of town visiting family since). We were talking on the phone a few nights ago and he called me his girlfriend, which I thought was a slip. Earlier today, I told him how someone had busted a lock on my apartment door and he was getting worried and worked up and I told him to relax a little and he said, "You're on the phone telling your boyfriend that someone broke the lock on your apartment..." And I told him he wasn't my boyfriend and he said "Whatever, you know what I mean." He still has his profile up but he's online been online twice in two weeks. Did he maybe mean boyfriend in a different way or do you think he wants to be? I come home Wednesday and we're having dinner and I'll ask then, but I'm just curious

I meant that he's only been online twice in two weeks
We're not even friends on Facebook yet by the way (just to give you an idea)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be ok with calling it boyfriend/girlfriend after a couple weeks of dating. In fact, if I was dating someone for a couple of weeks I would be happier if she called me her boyfriend. That means to me she likes me and is interested in continuing to see me and further evolving the relationship. If she said something like "we're just dating right now", to me that is less personal, like she isn't sure if she likes me or isn't sure she wants to continue dating me.

What Guys Said 4

• He thinks he is

• Why would you kiss him in the first place? Just tell him you're not into him and stop wasting his time

• I didn't say I was interested, but it's not cool for him to be calling himself my boyfriend if he still has a dating profile.

• I meant that I didn't say I wasn't interested

• Just tell him to delete it guys are simple creatures

• A guy does not say "boyfriend" unless he means it in the usual way. Otherwise, he would just say "friend." No sense in adding boy to distinguish his gender since you both know he is male.

How do you feel about having him as a boyfriend?

• I'd like it, but I'm uncomfortable with him calling himself my boyfriend and still having a dating profile. Which is the part that threw me off a little. It's only been like literally twice in a week or so that he's been online, but still.

• Wait a minute. So, you have never me face to face?

• No we have. We've wet out multiple times and he's kissed me. We just met on a dating site

• He wants to be ur boyfriend

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like he does want to be your boyfriend, in my opinion. If his profile was active before you and is now pretty inactive, then it sounds like he might be serious about being with you.

• It's not my experience that men say things they don't mean.

• He wants to be your boyfriend.