My neighbor may or may not like me and the police had to get involved! Please help me I don't know what to do?

Okay so this morning I turned on my phone and got a text from an unknown number saying "look in your front bushes" so my mom and I looked and found a note saying "when I close my eyes all I can see is your tongue dancing along your lips. Seeing you in the hallway is the only thing that makes me get through my day. Your face leaves me speechless. From your secret admirer' so my parents reported it to the police. After the police showed up my neighbor texted me saying "Hey. That text was from a friend of mine. Sorry about that. Some friends came over and wrote a love letter to you that was supposedly from me and put it out front of your house. Then they took my phone and got your number. I'm really sorry about it" well the police wanted to talk to him about it anyway so he went over to his house. After that my neighbor came over and looked as if he'd just been crying or was about to and asked if he could talk to my dad. I told him it was no big deal that it just really scared me because I've had this guy stalking me for a while. He seemed really embarrassed and sorry. I felt so bad for him. Earlier this year I had a crush on him and we carpooled and it wasn't any secret. Then when we stopped carpooling I remember walking in the hall by myself to lunch and his whole lunch table turned and looked at me, plus earlier in the school year I was walking to my locker and his friends and him were behind me and started pushing him towards me. Thing is I still like him, my mom says I don't know if it's a practical joke or something so I should just forget it and if my neighbor actually does like me then he'll talk to me but since this happened I feel like he wouldn't even try to talk to me after this even if he did like me but I don't know if this means he is actually interested or what. Please help!

I was thinking about texting him and saying "hey are you okay?" And if he responded to that text him and say so why are your friends so interested in me because I've noticed it at school too. Or something like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, wow! Based on the title I thought you were getting targeted by some old pervert :P That is a really bad title for your question. lol.

Okay, well, maybe you could go up to him and ask him if it was really his friends? Put him on the spot, but make him feel as comfortable as possible too. If he did it himself, you want him to be able to admit it. Now, even if he did he might still say he didn't. But you can watch his reaction and see and make more judgment from there.
    An added benefit to this is that you don't have to tell him you still like him. You can play it off as morbid curiosity and tell him you like him if he tells you he likes you.

If he says he didn't write it, but you're feeling a little brave you can be like "Oh, well that's too bad. Now that I know it wasn't written by some creepy stalker guy, I kinda like it. Hmm. Oh well." And then walk away.

• I never see him, I saw him at the gym like 4 days before that and that was the first time in summer.

• I texted him and he responded "yea, we're fine. I'm so sorry we did" so then I responded a little later it's fine. Quick question why did your friends put so much work into it? And it's been 2 hours and he hasn't responded

• A while later, ask him again. Just be like "So you never answered me and I'm curious" or something.

What Guys Said 5

• I think your neighbour friend was scared away for life. If it was him, he would not repeat what happened before that caused so much trouble for him that also involved the police. I think this is someone different, but someone who knows what happened before. Chances are your neighbour friend knows who it is or could be. If you are bothered by it, I would reach out to him and ask him if he knows anything about it.

• Well he knows who it was because the note was suppose to be from him I just don't know if this means he likes me at all for his friends to do so, etching like this

• basically i believe he was da one who send this creepy note, and he used his "friends" as an x-cuse :|

• But what should I do. All school year it seemed like his friends tried to get him to talk to me. Should I text him or anything

• if i was u i'd leave him... sounds like a weirdo somehow

• First of all he lying bout his friend getting his phone and then getting your # it was all him trust me he likes u a hell of a lot lol and he put that note in your bushes whether directly or indirectly it was what he wanted to happen and for you to see it. Good luck it sounds like puppy love lol

• Loooooooooooool

• And this is why guys are scared to tell girls that they like them.

What Girls Said 2

• Omg you need to move ASAP. This is dangerous

• You should move.