He said to let him know when I was free?

The first time we tried to go out, I told him, but he didn't make solid plans because he had to do something the only night I was free. I made other plans, as I do not wait on guys to make time for me. He didn't even mention it, but opted to text me instead. This really turned me off. I went on vacation after this, so everything just kinda got delayed. The other night, we were talking, and I jokingly (but not really) told him that I wasn't making any more moves. He said he had asked me out, to which I retorted that he said maybe and didn't mention it the night. He said he wanted to take me out when we were both free and had something to do that night, and asked me to let him know when I was free. He never texted back after my reply telling him I would let him know. I haven't heard from him in 5 days... is he just waiting to see if I'll let him know? Because at this point, it kinda feels like I'm risking a lot to text him because I've been the one acting the most interested. He used to keep in contact all the time... now I'm good to hear from him twice in a week... and the placing the ball in my court is so lame.

Most Helpful Guy

• well he put it in your court so he is waiting. if I tell a girl "lemme know if your schedule opens up" then im just gonna continue doing my own thing until she gets back to me. if she doesn't contact me after a week the most then I have my answer and its on to the next girl.

• Or, maybe she's just tired of having made all the moves and thinks you're ridiculous because you're so beta that you can't even muster enough balls to not put the ball in her court after she just told you she wasn't making any more moves. 😑😂 This is probably why his ex just used him... no sane woman wants to feel like it's a damn battle to have him take control.

• I guess that last reply said it all. did that give you the answer you needed?

• I guess so. He went on to say he really wanted to continue talking and that he didn't know how much time he would need, but that he thought we could have something, liked what we had so far, and didn't want to rush it.

What Guys Said 3

• ? He said he wanted to take you out and told you to tell him when you were free. You didn't. He thinks you're not interested

• I told him I'd let him know when I got my schedule. For all he knows I haven't got it yet. I think my silence has something to do with him going a-wall on my birthday party this weekend. He didn't even text me to let me know he was sick and wasn't going to make it. I think he was just avoiding me.

• Yeah he's either very shy and inexperienced with women or he's just not interested

• His friends keep telling me to make the moves and just go for it because they keep saying he's shy and inexperienced. My friend also said she thought he hasn't dated much. I guess I'm used to guys just playing me so I'm assuming it's the latter, that he's just not interested. However, he did say he would tell me if he didn't want to talk to me anymore and i told him I would do the same.

• Welcome to dating experience for guys.

• If guys would have more balls, then girls wouldn't get so damn frustrated. If he would have went I'm free Saturday at 7 Sunday at 6, blah, blah, what time works for you? We would be going on a date and none of his bullshit would be going on.

• Welcome to what guys go through more consistently/OFTEN with girls because a lot of them flake.

• I've never flaked, so I guess that's why I get frustrated.

• It's your turn to make the move

• It pisses me off since I just told him I was tired of making all the moves and wasn't going to make another. It's so balls-less and beta. Why should I want to go out with a guy who can't even make a date happen without putting the ball in my court?

• Guess I'mma have to wo-man up. How would you start the convo? Just a simple "Hey, just thinking of you 😊" something like that?

• That could work to gauge his interest, hopefully at some point he'll ask if you got your schedule and know when you're free

What Girls Said 1

• He just wants you to make the next move.

• Right after I told him I wasn't going to make any more? Men... Lol.

• Extremely terrifying

• But the thing is... we've been talking a while and have hung out several times. Maybe that's why he wouldn't make a move on the loveseat we slept next to each other on...