Do you see a point in dating if you know it won't lead to a very long term relationship?

I'm talking to this guy from another religion, mainly because of religious differences I don't see us being together long term. But I enjoy his company and have a crush on him so should I just stop worrying?

Most Helpful Guy

• for me personally? dating and relationships for me have always been about finding a long term partner... that said I can understand why some value casual dating and stuff like it

is religion so important to both of you that it would potentially be a relationship deal breaker? I guess ultimately the question is can your religious differences coexist?

What Guys Said 5

• r u both very devoted 2 yer religions? if not, then it'd b ok i guess

• He is but I'm not, I don't like religions

• ok then... did u mention bout yer religious differences 2 him? how did he take it?

• Someone to pass time with I guess...

• If it leads to sex, then it doesn't matter how long they "relationship" lasts.

• Learn how to be in a relationship.

• You DON'T know if it will work long term, that is exactly why you date.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm a long term thinker and don't like wasting my time so I likely won't date someone if I know there's no point. With that said if the friendship is not preventing me from meeting other guys and dating others then I might stick around but I'll make my intentions clear. I don't want to give out false hope.

• if it won't lead to a very long term relationship... what's the point of staying in the relationahip?

• I meant dating not a relationship

• i dont date if there is no future in it

• Ask him how he feels if he's ok with it not going anywhere but enjoys your company too then go for it. i actually like it that way because I know I am not ready to commit yet so i do it for the company and fun