I really like him but are his lies justifiable? Should I give him a chance or should I stop talking to him?

I met Dave in February at a concert. He told me he is recently divorced. I looked him up on facebook and confirmed this. We kept in touch but he avoided seeing me for a while. We met up for coffee twice since we met. We text & talk on the phone often. I know he is still hurt by his divorce though so I left it alone and decided to take it easy. I'm in no rush and i'm meeting other guys. His ex left him for someone else and he's been having a hard time getting over it so we decided we would be friends.

I found out he was seeing someone else this whole time and they were in an exclusive relationship living together. I never said anything to him because we agreed we are just friends. But if that's the case why hide her from me?

This weekend he told me he just moved in with a friend of his. I asked where he was living this whole time he said he was living with another friend and he just moved in with a second friend and he's going to get himself figured out and get his own condo. I got mad that he was lying so I told him I looked him up and I know about his girlfriend. He came clean and admitted he lied to me and he was seeing someone else. he said he was with her for all the wrong reasons and they decided to break up because he couldn't give her what she wanted. he said he didn't want to tell me because he knew he really liked me from the day he met me and really didn't want me to cut him off when he knew he was with her for all the wrong reasons. he said he would never cheat because he knows what that feels like, since that's what his ex-wife did to him. He apologized and said he'd like to see more of me if I"m still interested and he invited me over to meet his friends. I said I was busy & I don't know how I feet about this & I need time to think about it.

I really like him but I'm not sure about all this. We took months to just get to know each other and not be physical and I grew to really like him. Don't know what to do

Most Helpful Guy

• In all the time you spent getting to know you, he lied. It doesn't matter if he confessed or not or what his reasons were. Once that trust is broken, it takes a long time to get it back, if ever. If the same thing happened to me with a girl, I wouldn't risk it.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd ditch him. He's one of those that has to have a woman lined up before he leaves the one he's with

• since he said he's divorced in fb, obviously this doesn't mean it's true anyway guess u can give him another chance, seems like he's honest bout it... but if this or sth similar happens again, better dump him

• There are situations like this that do occur and it seems like he was trying to protect your feelings. Yet, I can't seem to trust this guy through what you're telling me. I'd suggest moving on, keep the friendship and find someone worth your effort.

What Girls Said 2

• Not justifiable.

• It is cheating.